Covid-19

Timberleaf

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha. I actually knew an elderly gentleman that did eat dog food (1960's). He claimed it was actually healthier than other food he could buy/eat. (In case you missed it here is pic).

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Interesting 'Side Note': Stores that DON'T accept FOOD STAMPS still have water, eggs, paper towels, and toliet paper. ''Food-Stamp-ede''? Another ''disease''? Martial Law and Ration Stamps would be the logical next step.

Doggy Meal in a Can.jpg

Edited by napamule2
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I have started to see reports that the U.S. Gov't is trying to get a financial relief bill passed to assist persons and businesses. What is not being reported (so far as I can see) is whether this is going to be a loan, or whether it is "cash". If it is cash, is it taxed income?

What's more, people being laid off from work cannot possibly pay bills, electric, car, water, etc., wherein it becomes an unprecedented time for many, if not soon for most.

This is not a small oversight. The gov'ts control this. It is disconcerting to know that gov't entities expect people to continue paying home-sustaining bills and having to choose to buy food, with no income.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Here in Colorado I saw a few days ago on the local news that the major utility company will give a leniency period or something to users who can't pay their electric/gas bill. Utility companies are fully aware of the issue as are their employees so it makes since to do this. They don't want to disconnect you.

In other news, I heard of a very old drug used for malaria that has promising affects on the sick. The FDA and the president approved its use just yesterday.

My sister seems to have gotten it now since she works at a &^% petri dish retirement home. My mom works at the same facility and my mom may be sent home for at least 14 days as a precaution ordered by the infectious control nurse. This retirement home has at least 2 covid-19 infected residents and possibly more I'm sure, but they aren't testing anymore as it's pointless. On the good news front, the 95 year old woman who has it is reported as getting better. Absolute miracle if you ask me given her age.

Song for the world:

The only real concern appears to be for the elderly and it doesn't appear all elderly. Healthy 70, 80, 90 year olds have all recovered from this. The virus has been blown out of all proportion by a panicked public with information spread by dramatized media avenues.

In saying this, the measures in place by governments do need to be taken to protect the at risk elderly. While the risk to general human life isn't dramatic, it is dramatic to the group of people at risk with a high fatality rate per infection for them.

Edit: Ignore the stats, ignore the ship deaths. You can't take anything from those.

Here are the obituary pages from Italy. Many have photos. You can see they are all elderly and they also likely had a medical condition or were under cancer treatments etc. The panic buying and stupidity by healthy people under 60 is ridiculous. These stupid and selfish actions only increase the risk for the people at risk.

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

It is funny, and absurd. We don't use any more toilet paper now than we ever did. Yet, toilet paper is no where to be found.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

It is funny, and absurd. We don't use any more toilet paper now than we ever did. Yet, toilet paper is no where to be found.

Saw my neighbour coming in with 48 loo rolls!

He must have an awful case of the trots!

He will have, when his house burns down...!

Hey, difficult times call for desperate measures. Here is my take on that.

Chuck B

Napamule

TP_Zig Zag.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Maybe Brad Pitt will star in the sequel, "World War C"

And hey, Millennials out there. Stop that congregating! - It's Six Feet Apart for you all! You don't want kill grandma, do ya?

You think the entire bunch of the entitled little selfish, undisciplined, brats care for anyone/thing but themselves? They kill grandma, they just get their inheritance earlier. THAT'S what they care about. "Gimme, gimme, so I can go party with my friends. I'm healthy, so who cares if some geezer get's sick or dies, because I'm partying with my friends! Now, gimme money, since my job closed down."

Meh...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

You think the entire bunch of the entitled little selfish, undisciplined, brats care for anyone/thing but themselves?

Let's be careful with the stereotyping an entire generation because of a few. There have been more than a few stories and posts online about those dastardly Millennials trying trying to get their parents and grandparents to stay home too. Millennials don't have a monopoly on selfishness.

Everyone needs to do their part to help through this.

To add injury to insult is that the 15 to 51 yr olds are the ones spreading this virus. The elderly just get effected and sick. The younger people can be carriers, and spreaders, but not suffer any effect and do not show any symptoms. It's a 'hidden' menace. It doesn't even make them sneeze. Clever little virus that Covid-19. God help us all.

Chuck B

Napamule

Situations like this bring out the best and worst in people.

Here in the UK, the government asked for 250,000 young volunteers to help the elderly and that number has been exceeded within 24 hours.

Alas, there have also been reports of ambulances and food delivery vans being torched by young gangs, who seem to find it entertaining...

Witnessed an incident in Tesco's car park yesterday: One of those `good` people - young, female, self-entitled - drove straight into the oppsite car.

Didn't stop. Must have known she'd done it.

I wrote her reg number on a little sticker I left on the window of the victim's vehicle - by the time I got phone call the Police had already supplied her name and address to the victim, and a visit to confirm reason for visit was planned for today (Thursday).

Hopefully the Thirty quid fine will remind her of her responsibility, assuming she actually HAS insurance!

BTW UK government has excluded provision for current MOT in the current emergency. NO mention of whether this ALSO applies to the requirement for insurance in the absence of the MOT... Consider yourselves warned!

As someone who's involved in the effort to help, I've witnessed more kindness in the past two weeks, than I have in the last ten years!

Yes it's bad out there, but there's also a lot of good!

Not what I see in here (the usual bitching and moaning).

W33

X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

As someone who's involved in the effort to help, I've witnessed more kindness in the past two weeks, than I have in the last ten years!

Yes it's bad out there, but there's also a lot of good!

Not what I see in here (the usual bitching and moaning).

W33

So it turns out SWBIHOS (She Who Believed in Her Own Superiority) had no reason to be in Tesco's, according to The Plod, and the other party (happened to be a nurse) is now pursuing her with absolute, complete vigour... and the fine's been issued.

Hope she got Bog Roll?

Could turn out to be the most expensive she's ever bought...

So it turns out SWBIHOS (She Who Believed in Her Own Superiority) had no reason to be in Tesco's, according to The Plod, and the other party (happened to be a nurse) is now pursuing her with absolute, complete vigour... and the fine's been issued.

Hope she got Bog Roll?

Could turn out to be the most expensive she's ever bought...

I really wish I understood what this all means! haha

Don't take it the wrong way.

Mark Daniels

The woman who drove into the other vehicle and left the scene of the accident has been fined by the police and the owner of the other vehicle (a nurse) has made a charge against the woman. Good to know.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hopefully the Thirty quid fine will remind her of her responsibility, assuming she actually HAS insurance!

If all she got was a £30 fine then she got off pretty lightly, in the UK the punishment for leaving the scene of an accident is 5 to 10 penalty points on driving license (get 12 & you are banned from driving for 6 months) & a fine of up £5000 or imprisoned for up to 6 months!!

Edited by PAULCRAIG
Addition

Back in the 60s my aunt moved from a small Texas town to Los Angles. Within a WEEK she was doing 80 mph on the Freeways! She had never driven faster than 25 mph around that small town. Never had driven more than 5 miles either way, once a week, maybe.

They have Flying School. How ocme they don't have Driving School - that is what is needed. The worse ones are the ones driving 20 mph in a 45 mph zone, and doing it all thru the REAR VIEW MIRROR (brake to 'get em off my rear bumper', etc). So the Covid-19 virus is just ANOTHER problem - there are many others - just as obnoxious and can be 'life changing' too. The world HAS been going mad for some time now - just don't tell anyone and don't make a big fuss about it. DEAL WITH IT. Ha!

Chuck B

Napamule

I am on a sea food diet. I sea food and I want to eat. I'll take that, and some Hush Puppies, too, please!

Back in the 60s my aunt moved from a small Texas town to Los Angles. Within a WEEK she was doing 80 mph on the Freeways! She had never driven faster than 25 mph around that small town. Never had driven more than 5 miles either way, once a week, maybe.

They have Flying School. How ocme they don't have Driving School - that is what is needed. The worse ones are the ones driving 20 mph in a 45 mph zone, and doing it all thru the REAR VIEW MIRROR (brake to 'get em off my rear bumper', etc). So the Covid-19 virus is just ANOTHER problem - there are many others - just as obnoxious and can be 'life changing' too. The world HAS been going mad for some time now - just don't tell anyone and don't make a big fuss about it. DEAL WITH IT. Ha!

Chuck B

Napamule

Not relevant to the situation here in the UK, but interesting.