No AI Traffic!

Mac6737

I seem to have no AI traffic at all: nothing in the sky, no planes waiting at the gates.

I believe this situation crept up on me gradually. Traffic had been normal for a long time, but then began to diminish late last year. Now there are no AI planes at all!

I have done nothing relating to AI traffic, and my sliders are up there.

Any ideas?

Thanks all,

Mac6737

Coronavirus keeping everybody home?
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Have you checked if you have installed another traffic.bgl somewhere by accident? FSX/scenery/world/scenery maybe?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Have you checked if you have installed another traffic.bgl somewhere by accident? FSX/scenery/world/scenery maybe?

I think you're on to something. In that folder there's a file styled "trafficAircraft.bgl.disabled-by-aitraffic-aunz-p3d4" (Did I mention I'm running P3D? There's very little action in that forum and the architecture is the same.) As I say, I do have AI traffic in AU and NZ, but nowhere else. But when I uninstalled the Orbx AUNZ traffic, I STILL didn't have AI traffic in the rest of the world. So I reinstalled it; at least I can go to Brisbane for AI traffic.

To be clear: Is "trafficAircraft.bgl" the basic AI file in these programs?

Thanks for your help.

Mac6737

"trafficAircraft.bgl" is the basic AI traffic that comes with the Sim.

Thank you, Zip. That's what I thought. So I uninstalled the Orbx AUNZ AI Traffic (again!) and this time checked trafficAircraft.bgl. It was no longer disabled! And the json file that had contained the instruction to disable it was completely rewritten!

Opened up P3D, and I had AI traffic at the gates and in the air. Oh joy!

OK, so why didn't this work the last time I tried it? Oh, never mind.

Mac6737