FSX Steam Beta Version

malct

I was offered the Beta download Via Steam and i have followed the instructions, But when i play the game , its just the normal game

I have not been officially told that i have beta , But i was offered it when i had to reinstall the FSX Flight Sim

If i opt out , It re installs the original game and if i opt back in it will re install the beta version

Any help, would be great

st.JPG

The full details are on the FSX Steam Edition News page here: https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=314160

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The layout hasn't changed. Here's the list of changes from the Steam news page:

We've released a new beta branch for FSX:SE that will help us gain valuable new telemetry data that will help us in the development of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Included in this update are also a number of fixes, which you can find below:

CHANGELIST:

Turbine

Resolved issue in N1 values where some settings were set to zero

Fixed issue where fuel flow not saved and set to 0 when started in the air

Agent radar

Resolved in flight issue which resulted in intermittent crashes when using navigation way-points

Conversion

Impression fixes when converting knots to meters per second

Piston

Small fixes to oil pressure table

C172 oil pressure changed to start with a valid value

Live Weather

Reintegrated Live Weather

When a weather station METAR line reading is failing the data will now be extrapolated from the weighted mean of the closest available METAR sources, instead of resetting to default weather

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Sorry , i have not made myself clear , my fault, when i talk about layout, I mean the graphics in the game , So when i start FSX its just the normal Graphics and basic game, Nothing regards Beta graphics.

That's right, there's no change to the graphics. Just a couple of minor gauge fixes and the live weather works again. Note that some add-ons don't work in Beta mode, so it's up to you to decide whether it's worth having or not.

Thank you for explaining that to me, I thought it was the new FSX 2020 Beta that i was able to down load , Looks like its just a few updates to the old FSX.

I had a issue with my PC and lost everything , So rather than install all the airports and everything else that i have bought , i thought i would wait for the new FSX 2020, Than i noted the Beta, Hence why i was going to use that, So Steam beta is a bit pointless at the moment by the looks of it, It could be towards the end of the year for the 2020, So might give me something to do and do a new install.

Sorry , i have not made myself clear , my fault, when i talk about layout, I mean the graphics in the game , So when i start FSX its just the normal Graphics and basic game, Nothing regards Beta graphics.

No change, Don't waste your time.

Just in case you're misunderstanding what Tiger said, this beta is of the FSX steam version, NOT of the NEW Flight Sim which so far only has an ALPHA version out, that not yet much available.

Oops! I missed your latest post.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!