FS panel studio work in win10?

50sqnwopag

I've had fs panel studio for quite a few years now and have used it on xp and vista for both fs9 and fsx but have recently purchased a newer pc with said OS on it and now I can't seem to make new panels etc, the usual problem is that xml gauges can't be opened or recognised and something cara-exe keeps popping up and so I have to keep hitting return until all the 'failed' gauges have been tabbed through, ending up with a panel covered in pink square borders....

so.... is it just a non compatible/unsupported/ never going to work on win10 sort of deal or have I suddenly gone thick....?

thanks

m

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply. I had purchased FS Panel Studio for my Windows 10 laptop. It did work, but it messed with the panel.cfg I was editing, and I had to correct manually. I'm not sure it's FSPS fault, because my panel was based on the Wilco Airbus, and this panel has its own quirks. I returned it because the 30-day refund period was about to expire, and I was not using it at all (specially since I learned how to adjust VC cameras in FSX, and thus I lost my motivation for 2D panels).

Anyway, please download the latest installer using the Flight1 Agent, and try again. It should work.

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

This behavior may be due to the fact the Sim is in your programs folder and not in the root of C drive instead.

I say this because it sounds like FSPS is having a hard time unpacking gauges from the directory your Sim is installed to, and if your Sim is in the programs folder that folder is protected.

If you do have the Sim in the programs folder and don't feel like reinstalling to the root of C drive where it should have been from day one, then try copying and pasting the plane folder to your desktop and open that directly via FSPS. See if the gauge images now show up, etc. If not on the desktop, try the root of C drive. Maybe make a FSPS work folder in the root of C drive. C:\\FSPS_work_folder, or what ever.

As a side note, check out one of these tools. Priv10 looks decent. https://github.com/DavidXanatos/priv10/releases

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Sorry for the late reply. I had purchased FS Panel Studio for my Windows 10 laptop. It did work, but it messed with the panel.cfg I was editing, and I had to correct manually. I'm not sure it's FSPS fault, because my panel was based on the Wilco Airbus, and this panel has its own quirks. I returned it because the 30-day refund period was about to expire, and I was not using it at all (specially since I learned how to adjust VC cameras in FSX, and thus I lost my motivation for 2D panels).

Anyway, please download the latest installer using the Flight1 Agent, and try again. It should work.

That would be expected for a third-party panel. You have to know what you're doing. I've edited the PMDG VC with no issues and I've edited other VCs as well. Since I prefer to fly VC this is what I edit.

• 1 month later...

Afternoon all,

both FSX and FSPS are in the root/basic c drive, not loaded them up in program folders due to all the issues that seems to cause....I haven't tried fiddling with fsps for a while, I worked around the problem by using vc windows, zooming and moving about in vc to fit the instrument panel holes....bit of a pain and still not 100% (the instruments move about for acceleration turns etc) but better than nothing.

m