Las Vegas Scenery?

LTCSZ

I still have this older version in my FS9 and I fly up and down the very well made and spectacular strip in a helicopter every so often just for fun but I've never been there myself and consequently have no idea about how outdated it is but it does remain very spectacular indeed. At a later date a few extra buildings were posted by someone and I immediately downloaded and added them but other than that, there seem to be no real updates for FS9, at least not that I know of.

Hans

I think his point is if you're hung up on a 17 yr old outdated sim you'd better get used to 17 yr old outdated addons!

And some of us are updating these "17 yr old outdated addons" to present day. Counter point! :rolleyes:

Mitch

I think the payware version of FSDreamTeam's KLAS is made for FSX and FS2004 and when you buy it you get both versions.

Only issue with it is that runway 19L's hold node is too far from the start node thus causing planes to hold without taking off. I modified that myself with Airport Design Editor.

the Runway identifiers are also updated i believe. same with Tampa. 36 is now 01. but It's a good addon otherwise. I picked up the whole series from FSDT on sale during black friday. saved myself about 50.00. you could post the edited afcad file for others to download. I myself never have traffic so it's not too big a deal.

you could post the edited afcad file for others to download. I myself never have traffic so it's not too big a deal.

Sure. The path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\fsdreamteam\KLAS\scenery\AP_KLAS2.bgl

I also edited the parking spots at the Janet terminal for the airlines code to be for JAN. So if you have Janet aircraft you'll want to change the parking code in the aircraft.cfg file to JAN so that they park at the Janet terminal.

Also, this file will make the aircraft start on the runway blast bad on 19L and I think 19R. It was the only way to make the AI plane get near the start spot so that they at least take off. As far as I know, this was not fixed so AI planes would stack up at the edge of 19L never taking off because they were too far away from the start node. I mentioned this on the FSDreamTeam forum and I don't think it was fixed.

The way it's made by default makes sense since you don't want AI to line up on the blast pad for take off while another plane is landing, but it had to be made like this due to the start node being so far away and how 19L has a long blast pad.

https://app.box.com/s/m7een6vwe29bi29em4r7u10lgnm963xq

SHA256: f634751f1e382e06010f4bb1a975a1df2671a2602ea55d952fe27e9f8ff7fec6

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

And nice work BTW Mitch. I reinstalled FS9 a while back (no BS!) just so I could check out your KJAX project. :)

Thanks Jim. You taught me some things regarding "night lights" a year or so ago. Thank you sir.

Mitch