trouble with steam

tlane

I have fsx on steam but it is not running right, the planes fly erratic I can see the yokes moving and jumping on their own. I replaced my Saitek flight yoke but that didn't seem to fix the problem it happen with my joystick also. Id like to delete it totally and reload my fsx gold w/ acceleration does anybody know if its possible to have both on one system?

my specs. win 10 i7-7700k 4.20GHz Nvidia GTX-1080

I have fsx on steam but it is not running right, the planes fly erratic I can see the yokes moving and jumping on their own. I replaced my Saitek flight yoke but that didn't seem to fix the problem it happen with my joystick also. Id like to delete it totally and reload my fsx gold w/ acceleration does anybody know if its possible to have both on one system?

my specs. win 10 i7-7700k 4.20GHz Nvidia GTX-1080

Calibrate the elevator. Then do the same with the other controls. No need to do anything else!

How many yokes do you have installed? Try increasing the null zone on the controls to see if that eliminates the jerking. Or perhaps you have too many things running on your system tying up resources the sim needs?

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Have you tried to 'verify' files in SteamEdition? or check config files?

I installed FSX-SE (steam edition) on the same machine as disk-FSX. It called itself FSX-SE to distinguish from FSX original. If you don't have disk installed first it might call itself just FSX and then it would become a problem. FSX disk could damage the steam install or not install at all. I would hesitate to attempt to install FSX disk unless I could be sure that ALL references in the registry were distinctly FSX-SE - or uninstall SE completely (you could save your customizations, perhaps and add them back in later), install disk FSX, then reinstall SE. Steam edition is aware of original FSX and will adjust itself accordingly; the reverse is not true.

Loyd

Edited by llivaudais

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners