Is there an advantage going with Steam over buying the 2020 flight simulator?
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Yes, it's available now, and it'll probably not require as powerful a machine as the new one. Also, there's not yet a release date for the new one, maybe fall.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I'm sorry, Larry. I meant when the 2020 MF Flight Sim becomes available on STEAM and for Purchase, is there a good reason to choose one over the other. Will STEAM run smoother and take on the responsibility of fixes and upgrades? Or is it better to do them oneself assuming ability.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

I'm sorry, Larry. I meant when the 2020 MF Flight Sim becomes available on STEAM and for Purchase, is there a good reason to choose one over the other. Will STEAM run smoother and take on the responsibility of fixes and upgrades? Or is it better to do them oneself assuming ability.

We don’t know if/when it will be available through Steam, though I think it will be. Maybe not right away though. As for performance, I wouldn’t expect there to be any difference but, again, we don’t know enough to say one way or the other. Both the Microsoft Store and Steam should handle all updates to the sim and any add-ons bought through the store, as they do now with other games.Add-ons purchased elsewhere will likely be up to you.

Someone else would have to reply here, perhaps after it's been released (or maybe Steam is enough different that someone has a definitive answer now).

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Anyone know if it will ship as a boxed version? Or just a download?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs