DJC Metroliner III "all black textures"

MartyV

Hoping this is the right place to post this question; all of the textures for the DJC Metroliner III ; including those for the "base" model, are "black", curiously this appears to occur only whenever another of this aircraft has a 3rd part texture installed. I can accept that there might be one corrupted file but this condition occurs regardless of which of the 32 other textures that I have for this aircraft are installed, I've downloaded and reinstalled the base model but the condition remains unchanged, any thoughts or ideas?

The all black appearance is the bare model with no textures applied. This means that the 3rd party textures are not compatible with the Metroliner III model. DJC make a Metroliner III and a Metroliner IV model, make sure you have the right model for the 32 other textures.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I figured as much, typically the default texture is gray, both base models; 3 blade and 4 blade, have textures, what's throwing me is that I have 48 3rd party repaints and all of them only show black textures, the text in the configuration file references the correct model and "sim" name, I believe the texture files are FS2004, could it be possible that they're just not compatible with FSX or FSX:SE, anyone have this aircraft as an AI in FSX?

If you search for "DJC Metroliner" in the library here, there are 3 sets of repaints by Greg Peters for FS2004 and FSX. Use the .dds format textures for your models as a test and see if they show up correctly. If they do, you'll need to convert your existing FS2004 .bmp textures to FSX .dds format - I can recommend Don Grovestine's Texture Manager, available here: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=TM&Docs=TextureManager.pdf

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64