Corrupt file or it can’t be found

Eag711

I tried following some of the older posts but they make no sense to me. I downloaded some add ons and even played the game perfectly fine after that, but the next day which is today, it’s doing this. I uninstalled the game and re installed it. But still nothing. This is so confusing. The message says “the requested flight file is corrupt or can’t be found. Flight simulator will now try to load the default flight”

How can I just erase this game from computer settings completely and re install the game and just completely start over so the file isn’t corrupt?

How do I do that? I try opening up FSX and it just starts me out In the ultra light aircraft but when I go to end flight it all of the sudden says “Microsoft flight simulator has quit working” and tries to look for a solution. It never finds one. Instead it just closes the game and this has been repeating since. Ya okay it says Microsoft flight simulator has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working

From your first post this most likely has nothing to do with your installation. Your flight files are located in your My Documents folder in a folder called Flight Simulator X Files. You can delete all or just the last flight file that may be corrupt.

You said you used an update? What update? You should have installed SP 1 and SP 2 and you should install the free version of FSUIPC which helps with errors. You should also have the uiautomationcore.dll file in the main installation. The library here may have that file.

Come to think of it, what version of FSX are you playing? Is it the boxed version and if so what version? Or is this from Steam?

Depending on your version, you may or may not need SP 1 & SP 2.

Though, you still should place the uiautomationcore.dll into the root of the FSX folder and install FSUIPC.

Another question: Is FSX installed to the root of C drive or in the programs folder? You want it outside the programs folder and on the root of C drive. The path would be like C://FSX.

You should also run the game as Admin.

Is this Windows 10?

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

If you have Fsx-steam-edition you don't need sp1 and 2.

It's simple. Start a flight. Press to show the menu bar. Click: Options--settings--general and put a check-mark in "show opening screen".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay. So it’s installed in the C drive but in the program files(x86) . So I just copy the file to the C drive but outside of the program files? So it’s in its own file within the C drive?

Sorry I just got into simming so I’m just so confused about all of this. I am pretty bummed out about the game though. I just started FSX and it didn’t say “corrupt file” but it did have a message that said “scenery.CFG file error, local scenery directory (addon scenery) in scenery area.120 not found. Click ok to continue”?

How do I run this game as an admin? Do I have to copy and paste the FSX file under users in the C drive too?

Not sure what keeps happening. The game loads fine but then starts out laggy. I go to settings or even to end flight and i get the message “Microsoft flight sim has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.” It says it’ll notify me if a solution is found but never does. Man this sucks I miss playing so much already.

I’m also unsure about the update. But I just know when I logged on it automatically updated but it was quick. Steam doesn’t allow me to see what updates have came in recently. This is sooo annoying because FSX steam was running so good for the last 3 weeks and now it can barely do anything I don’t get what I did so wrong and I don’t understand why uninstalling the game doesn’t replace whatever is missing when I re install it

I don't play FSX in Steam, but I think you need to change the games path that Steam uses to the root of C drive outside of the programs folder.

So the path would be C:\\steam

You can do this in the Steam options. In Steam top left click on the word Steam. Now in the options window select STEAM LIBRARY FOLDERS. Add a library folder for the path of C:\\steam. Now delete the other folder by right clicking it. You'll lose your installed game/s. Redownload FSX and it will place it in the new library folder.

In that same open window on the bottom select the option to clear download cache.

I don't play FSX in Steam, but I think you need to change the games path that Steam uses to the root of C drive outside of the programs folder.

I didn’t follow the thread, so I don’t have comments on the necessity of the above, but this can be done within Steam itself.

Google “create new steam library folder” and “move steam game to another folder”.

The folder can be on another drive as well.

It saves the time (and eventual cost) of redownloading.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg