FS9 Crashes when I get to a certain area

Sierra9093

Hello, recently my FS9 has begun crashing when it gets/flies over a certain location over the Pacific Ocean, leaving Auckland Airport. It crashes when I leave north, and get about 25-30 miles. The program just abends-stops, and back to desktop. Anybody heard of this, and if so is there a way to deal with it? thanks in advance.

For me in FSX this has happened a few times and I discovered that if you lower the scenery complexity I think it was a bit you can overcome the crash.

The exact reason why this happens I have no idea other then faulty textures for the ground, water, planes, airports, you name it. That's the only reasonable idea I have as to why this type of crash occurs.

+1 CRJ,

I've read certain airports or scenery files can cause this, or an empty texture folder, is there any scenery you are flying over at that point, if so try and remove to a temporary folder and see if it still happens.

Also if you are over a certain airfield or another aircraft flying near by that has a fault can cause it too, what I mean is that aircraft could be parked up at that airfield.

Col.

Thanks for your reply. I might try that, but this is new, and I have flown in this area before and have never had this happen so consistently like this before. Also, I have a pretty robust system, so I would be surprised if I were taxing. Please see my response below. Thanks again.

Hello, and thanks for the reply. I am flying over pretty standard scenery, but I am thinking it is a texture file, or something of that sort. It aborts at the exact same place, plus, when I try to place an aircraft in the location I am trying to fly to, as in put your aircraft there, it aborts the program. It's like the entire area, north of Auckland International is a Bermuda Triangle or something. I would like to explore the texture files for that area, so is there anyway to determine the exact texture and scenery files involved in that area? Thanks again.

Well make a copy of it and put it in a folder out of the sim, then remove it by selecting settings then add/remove scenery, then remove it that way first, then restart the sim.

Do that flight again and see if it crashes as you get to the part where it normally does,v if it doesn't you know that addon scenery has a fault somewhere.

Col.

So I deleted the airstrip I put there, and now I can get there via the regular FS9 scenery, i.e, pulled up a saved flight at that location. I will explore the work I did to put the airport up there. It might be because it was in water. Or it might I used two different programs to fool around up there. But I think I "might" be on it now and thanks for the heads up.

Hello, I did that, and now I can get to the spot I was trying to reach. So the addon was glitchy, so I will have to look into it. I used AFCAD221, but ran into problem, then found Airport Design Editor. I'll look into those. Again, thanks for putting me on that path.

Hi,

Happened to me many times. This is usually an add-on scenery (airport) acting up. Probably a texture conflict. Or AFCAD duplications. I usually look at the vicinity, where the FS crash happens, and see what scenery I have added there. Then remove it and test the FS (If FS crashes at the same point, fly aircraft towards the problem point and save the flight (x) just before the FS crashes. Then close FS and remove the suspect area. Start FS and open the flight (x) you saved. If the FS does not crash - flight continues, you removed the correct area, which was causing the problem. If it crashes again, the area you removed is not the problem and try to remove another.) You can also use DX Fixer (search for download) to detect the problem textures.

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hello Friend, I did trace this down to a possible scenery/texture issue, and had done modifications in that area. So I removed the modifications, and low and behold, operations got back to normal, sans the mods that I wants. But the glitch was gone. I will try to download DX Fixer and get back into the modification I was trying to make. Thank you for your advice and input, I have found it very useful.

• 2 months later...