Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nemeth EC130 and Rain = black windows in the VC! Please help!

1. Default Nemeth EC130 and Rain = black windows in the VC! Please help!

Hi all,

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever flown the 130 in rain. Today was the day due to bad weather where I was intending on travelling to. I loaded up the Nemeth 130 from the default Mooney, only to find the windows completely black. This hasn't happened before and only happens on the ND 130. I assume perhaps I'm missing a texture for when it rains on the VC windows? Anyway please come to me with suggestions!

Kind regards

Is this a default aircraft for your Sim?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

3. Default

Hello Mr Zippy,

No the EC130 is a Nemeth Designs machine. I just can't believe that for whatever reason it doesn't like rain. In the 2d cockpit view all is ok, just the Virtual Cockpit view all I see is complete black, no view on the sim. Please let me know your thoughts! Also, is there a file in the textures folder that is for rain effects, or an alternate for a wet windscreen? Perhaps I am missing this and this is why the sim just loads a black screen.

Let me know of any possible solutions!

Best

OK, I thought it was the payware EC130. I looked at their site and saw it was for FSX and P3Dv4. The black windscreen usually happened with an FS2004 aircraft being used in FSX/P3D in the rain. It has to do with glass textures.

I would get a hold of Nemeth Designs and ask them about it!
    Last edited by mrzippy; 03-03-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

5. Default

Thanks Mr Zippy! I’ve often found ND to not be very responsive with their replies but am hoping for the best this time. And indeed I thought this might be the case. Is there any logical fix you can think of? Perhaps the glass textures are corrupt in my install? Strange that it’s so black and white - rain not ok - no rain ok, haha. Anyway I’m sure there’s an easy fix somewhere. Would using glass textures from their As350 be of any use? Or any other aircraft? Obviously the sim just has nothing to use when there’s rain on the screen. I even tried enabling windshield effects and detailed rain but still had the same problem.

Anyway as always, help please!

Best

Quote Originally Posted by Ralie25 View Post
    Thanks Mr Zippy! I’ve often found ND to not be very responsive with their replies but am hoping for the best this time. And indeed I thought this might be the case. Is there any logical fix you can think of? Perhaps the glass textures are corrupt in my install? Strange that it’s so black and white - rain not ok - no rain ok, haha. Anyway I’m sure there’s an easy fix somewhere. Would using glass textures from their As350 be of any use? Or any other aircraft? Obviously the sim just has nothing to use when there’s rain on the screen. I even tried enabling windshield effects and detailed rain but still had the same problem.

Best
    Rain should be available from Nemeth Design. You need to ask them...

Best
    If there is a definitive glass.bmp or .dds in the texture folder, then maybe switching it out may work. It could be some trial and error along the way.

8. Default

Mr Zippy there is a black "winref" file which I think could be the problem. There are a few dds files that say glass which have only a blue thumbnail, perhaps corrupt? It is very frustrating, when I open the door on the aircraft, the simulated world is there, so obviously the sim is just missing a file for the windows when it rains. There isn't a definitive file that says 'windows' or anything like that, I wonder where I could find the file that the sim uses for the 'rain' version of the windows for the 130? I tried using a Cirrus glass file but still had the same result.

I'd be surprised if Nemeth came back to me unfortunately. It clearly is a fault with their product though as I did a complete reinstall of the 130 and I had the same problem.

More suggestions welcome!

Mr Zippy there is a black "winref" file which I think could be the problem. There are a few dds files that say glass which have only a blue thumbnail, perhaps corrupt? It is very frustrating, when I open the door on the aircraft, the simulated world is there, so obviously the sim is just missing a file for the windows when it rains. There isn't a definitive file that says 'windows' or anything like that, I wonder where I could find the file that the sim uses for the 'rain' version of the windows for the 130? I tried using a Cirrus glass file but still had the same result.

I'd be surprised if Nemeth came back to me unfortunately. It clearly is a fault with their product though as I did a complete reinstall of the 130 and I had the same problem.

More suggestions welcome!
    Show us the settings for P3D.

10. Default

Mallcott please tell me which setting is of interest and I'll post back. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast