FSX Crashes !

Bumble

I have been using FSX on my PC with the same setup for a few years. It has now started crash straight after I choose "FLY Now".

It crashes to a black screen with no video output until I press the restart button on the PC and it goes straight into shutdown mode.

I have removed my joystick as it was playing up ( not working properley ) in case this was the cause, no change.

I started to use the Cessna with G1000 so I could play with GPS and autopilot flights and it has not worked since!

I reconfigured to another aircraft but it continues to crash.

My System:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Intel i7-2600@3.4Ghz

8MB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX760 4MB

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bumble

Time to look for a faulting module to see what's causing the CTD!

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I started to use the Cessna with G1000 so I could play with GPS and autopilot flights and it has not worked since!

Did you make some change in FSX, perhaps an add-on or a configuration change, at the time you switched to the G-1000? If so, removing that add-on or changing the configuration back to the way it was would be a good start. If not, Mr. Zippy has a good place for you to start.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi Zippy,

Thanks for reply, very helpfull.

I hope I have interpreted your reply correctly. I have something like 1512 error messages so I have attached the recent ones by saving to file, I hope you can read it.

The last few just repeat the same errors and warnings about a file being too large or at its maximum but dos'nt tell how to clear or reduce it.

There are a couple of specific FSX errors way down the list which may be causing the problems?

Anyway, see what you think, any help appreciated, I need to get back to my Flying !!!

OK, how do I send the file ? I tried the attachment button but it did'nt like my "error events_1033.MTA" file :o

If you are running the boxed version of FSX, you need to type this into Google search and find one of the versions to put into your main FSX folder.

fsx uiautomationcore.dll fix

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hello Bumble,

Two things, as noted by your Error log pictures.

UIAutomationCore.dll & ai_player.dll

First grab the UIAutomationCore.dll from the below link, place it in your FSX root/main folder, (nowhere else). Do not use/follow the instructions in the Readme.txt file supplied with the download, this will cause problems with Win7 GUI. Only place the new .dll in FSX root/main folder.

https://www.dll4free.com/uiautomationcore.dll.html choose the correct version from the right download menu, choose the 32bit version UIAutomationCore.dll - 6.0.6001.18000 for 32bit FSX its the second from the bottom on the right Download panel.

Just Download the .dll file not the repair tool.

DL / Save to a Temp folder on your desktop, Extract the .zip into that folder, open the folder, copy the new UIAutomationCore.dll to your FSX root/main installation folder.

I am currently using this version of the .dll, in FSX/Accpack boxed with Win7/64ProSP1, there are no Crash To Desktop errors. (Incidently - this .dll only fixes the FSX menu bar CTD caused by consecutive clicks on items in the FSX banner menu options)

Next, the ai_player.dll error indicates that you have an issue with one or some of your AI aircraft. Perhaps you have installed new AI recently or a WOAI package where some AI models have issues or an AI flightplan is incompatible or corrupt.

You can check the compatibility of your AI aircraft for use in FSX by using AIFP (AI Flight Planner - by Don Grovestine - @Stuff4FS). You could also test the appearance of the error and the recurrence of the ai_player.dll error by moving the AI aircraft sliders to full left 0%, you will then need to hunt down the offending AI model or flightplan AI traffic .bgl

Edited by jethrom