Thread: Parts, Parts, Parts

Default Parts, Parts, Parts

I'm in the process of building a 777 Home simulator. So far I plan to use a mini CNC and Plexy for the gear panel, all overhead and small MIP panels. I plan to use PVC pipe and 3" PVC elbow for the yoke. Going to use potentiometers for pitch and roll axis. I have been trying to find a suitable yoke for the cockpit without 3D printing or a lot of CNC milling.

I am wondering if there is a place where one can buy broken Saitek yoke parts or a decent Boeing yoke CHEAP...

Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by PDNoel View Post
    I'm in the process of building a 777 Home simulator. So far I plan to use a mini CNC and Plexy for the gear panel, all overhead and small MIP panels. I plan to use PVC pipe and 3" PVC elbow for the yoke. Going to use potentiometers for pitch and roll axis. I have been trying to find a suitable yoke for the cockpit without 3D printing or a lot of CNC milling.

I am wondering if there is a place where one can buy broken Saitek yoke parts or a decent Boeing yoke CHEAP...

Any Ideas?
    Ebay is probably your best bet, certainly for the Saitek. The Boeing is more of a problem. I'd suggest an aircraft breakers but "CHEAP" could be another story.

Have a read up on Hall Effect sensors, they're more reliable and more accurate than pots.