Multiplayer - Is it still available for non Steam FSX Deluxe?

SummerSimmer

Hello,

Long time simmer but never have joined any servers.

Does anyone still do multiplayer flight Sim? Is Vatsim the best option and is it still up and running.

I know, Google is your friend.....but it wasn't. After Googling and jumping back and forth and here and there for about half an hour I was more confused than ever. Couldn't find a solid answer. Maybe I just developed a mental block and can't see it.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks

ROG Strix X470 Gaming MoBo

Ryzen 7 2700X CPU

Crucial 1TB MX500 2.5" Internal SSD

G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Multiplayer has two basic ways to operate, one connecting to a server of some sort and the other is connecting direct. Both options are still there in the software, and I used the direct connect method for over twenty years, until my friend died last year. I know Vatsim is still out there, and I think there may be other servers, but I'm not familiar with them. Others likely will chime in here.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Multiplayer has two basic ways to operate, one connecting to a server of some sort and the other is connecting direct. Both options are still there in the software, and I used the direct connect method for over twenty years, until my friend died last year. I know Vatsim is still out there, and I think there may be other servers, but I'm not familiar with them. Others likely will chime in here.

Thanks.

Hoping someone can point me to a step by step "how to get connected now" of some sort.

I don't have the steam edition so AFAIK I have no built in options.

I also have no clue what servers are "safe" or to avoid etc.

ROG Strix X470 Gaming MoBo

Ryzen 7 2700X CPU

Crucial 1TB MX500 2.5" Internal SSD

G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Another option I and friends have used for years - external connective software such as FSHOST and JoinFS. This type software uses FSUIPC or FSX's SimConnect to join differing versions of Flight Simulator together. FSHost allowed FS9 and versions of FSX to fly together - something the built-in multiplayer feature would never allow. The group I fly with has moved to JoinFS and it connects one die-hard FSX user, with me in P3d v2.5 or 3.4 and the rest in P3d ver 4. Originally we all flew FSX deluxe, but in the last decade we've moved 'on' at different pacing but are still able to fly together. The software is free and easy to find with Google, of course. One good, and easy-to-find multiplayer community can be found at Digital Theme Park (Google is still your friend to find these guys). DTP is well-managed and a nice bunch of guys; you can likely find several flying groups to hook up with...their web site will give instruction on how to connect and what chat software they use and what connectivity software they use.

If you'd prefer to start gently and don't mind hanging around a bunch of old fogies for a while, email or PM me and I can help you get acquainted with the various software we use and get you prepped for a larger group.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Thanks.

Hoping someone can point me to a step by step "how to get connected now" of some sort.

I don't have the steam edition so AFAIK I have no built in options.

I also have no clue what servers are "safe" or to avoid etc.

Besides vatsim, I've been using ivao the last years.

Nice community and well documented softwares.

http://www.ivao.aero

Enviado de meu Mi A2 usando o Tapatalk