Around the World Leg 6

Arturo Merino Benitez International (SCEL) Santiago, Chile to Ushuaia International, Malvine Island (SAWH) Ushuaia, Argentina

PART 1

The Route:

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr012.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr016.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

Please see Part 2

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PART 2

fsscr020.jpg

On approach. Wind 230 @ 32 gusting to 54!

fsscr023.jpg

fsscr025.jpg

fsscr026.jpg

fsscr027.jpg

fsscr029.jpg

fsscr032.jpg

fsscr035.jpg

fsscr036.jpg

That was a white knuckle landing!

fsscr037.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PART 2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215804[/ATTACH]

On approach. Wind 230 @ 32 gusting to 54!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215805[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215806[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215807[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215808[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215809[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215810[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215812[/ATTACH]

That was a white knuckle landing!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215813[/ATTACH]

Good job pulling it out!!! I never flew outside the plane until I started flight simming. It's surely not as easy as it looks!!

As I'm sure you've already discovered Mae Ling and Mama San now a lot of good places to eat outside the US. ENJOY!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Good job pulling it out!!! I never flew outside the plane until I started flight simming. It's surely not as easy as it looks!!

As I'm sure you've already discovered Mae Ling and Mama San now a lot of good places to eat outside the US. ENJOY!!

Michael

Yes, it can be quite a challenge! That thing was rocking all over :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was hoping to see SAWH in your sim David, it's a nice spot from where you can go to Antarctica, or some desolate Islands like the Malvinas / Falklands. I'll try to find a pic from my freeware SAWH, really nice, but the surrounding mountains are bad. Thanks for this leg! :):):)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was hoping to see SAWH in your sim David, it's a nice spot from where you can go to Antarctica, or some desolate Islands like the Malvinas / Falklands. I'll try to find a pic from my freeware SAWH, really nice, but the surrounding mountains are bad. Thanks for this leg! :):):)

This is the Orbx freeware airport. They did an update to it. Not too bad.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A more elongated country than Peru still! Elongated names?

It's quite a long way down the coast of South America!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, here's the freeware version of SAWH I use :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215838[/ATTACH]

Looks pretty nice. As you could tell I was in some nasty weather. I did take some time and rent a C172 while I was there to ckeckout the area. I have those shots to do yet. Is that the Orbx freeware airport?

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're really getting down south on this flighty David. A nice foul weather (with wind) approach and landing. :cool: :cool: :)

Thank you Larry!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a freeware version, not Orbx :) https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/88/772

Thank you kindly! Orbx did a freeware for the airport but it doesn't look like that.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can we get a soundtrack up in here? :D

Been around the world at least five times now thus far. Been damn near everywhere. Name it and I've probably been there.

Wait till you cross the pacific. That's a long haul! It's not so bad from island to island, but after Hawaii you may have to cheat with the fuel top off. I had to do that with the Lear 45 which was the first plane I took around the world. Since then I've just been using my customized F-22 Raptor flying at an unrealistic cruise speed of mach 2.35 @ FL500 averaging about 500 miles a day. Right now I'm on another Latin American tour and I'm in Guatemala currently. I came from the Caribbean and went to Columbia via Grenada.

When I first started doing this I would use Google Street View to see what the place looked like that I landed at. What I found out was that damn near everywhere in the world there is graffiti on the walls. LOL Even in bum nowhere South America. Though, I don't recall if there was graffiti in Norway or not. I don't recall seeing any there. One thing is for sure, there's practically a McDonalds everywhere from London to Moscow to Perth.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Can we get a soundtrack up in here? :D

Been around the world at least five times now thus far. Been damn near everywhere. Name it and I've probably been there.

Wait till you cross the pacific. That's a long haul! It's not so bad from island to island, but after Hawaii you may have to cheat with the fuel top off. I had to do that with the Lear 45 which was the first plane I took around the world. Since then I've just been using my customized F-22 Raptor flying at an unrealistic cruise speed of mach 2.35 @ FL500 averaging about 500 miles a day. Right now I'm on another Latin American tour and I'm in Guatemala currently. I came from the Caribbean and went to Columbia via Grenada.

When I first started doing this I would use Google Street View to see what the place looked like that I landed at. What I found out was that damn near everywhere in the world there is graffiti on the walls. LOL Even in bum nowhere South America. Though, I don't recall if there was graffiti in Norway or not. I don't recall seeing any there. One thing is for sure, there's practically a McDonalds everywhere from London to Moscow to Perth.

Well the video did show any airplanes! ;) Never heard of ATC before but the scenery is good :cool:

Sounds like you have definitely been a lot of places! Yes the Pacific flights are a haul. I did one from Detroit to Hong Kong. Started it before I went to bed and let it chase the darkness all night.

Looking forward to trying some island hopping. The nice thing, I've got my planes set for unlimited fuel. So I cheat a bit. LOL! :rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]