FSDT KLAS + FTX Southern California

Timberleaf

I have both FSDT KLAS and FTX Southern California installed. At KLAS, there is an overlap of the airport itself. There isn't an elevation issue. It is a slight "offset" of the two sceneries, as if transparent, wherein I see BOTH sceneries of the airport (their respective versions), at the same time, with a slight offset of their alignment, as seen from top-down. That is of the runways, taxiways, buildings, gates, etc.

Is this an issue with their loading layer? I appreciate any direction for fixing this. Thanks.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

I cannot edit the list of priority from the Scenery list when at the load screen. Most of the sceneries listed are greyed out with a check mark in the box. Only a remote few are selectable to move up, or down, the list. The P3D EXE is "Run in Admin" mode.

I tried loading up the scenery CFG, to edit there. The sceneries I need to raise or lower are not listed there. I also have a SSD, and to conserve space, installed to a separate DATA drive. Would that be why I cannot edit the priority of almost all of the installed sceneries?

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

I expect this to be a layering issue of the Scenery Library. This is what I see in the sim when both sceneries are active. It is important to note that it isn't just one airport, as though repeat sceneries are visible at the same time. I can obviously fix this by disabling one of the active sceneries.

Snip 1.jpg

Snip 2.jpg

Snip 3.jpg

Edited by Timberleaf

Timberleaf

I am happy to announce I figured this out:

I had to remove to a separate folder the conflicting airports from the FTX Southern California Scenery folder [ADE_FTX_SCA_(airport code)_CVX.BGL and ADE_FTX_SCA_(airport code).BGL] files. In this way, the overlaying layers are no longer conflicting. This is the only way I could omit the conflict since layer editing is beyond my ability, at the moment.

Timberleaf

So long as it works for that's good. P3D does not allow priority adjusting for sceneries that are installed via the "add-on xml" method where as yo can using the traditional Scenery Addon method. Why they did not add that option? You could edit those or reinstall to make the adjustments but that is beyond this conversation.

So tell me, how is performance/FPS using the combination?

I have an ultra-wide screen, 34 inch, and with most everything activated and sliders up, I get about 18 - 20 sustained fps, smooth.

Timberleaf

After installing Lorby Addon Organizer for P3D 4, organizing the layers, adding the scenery/elevation fix to "play well together" update for FTX SC and FSDT KLAS, and running FTX Vector with a disable to KLAS, seems that I am back to what I am familiar with, so far, with sceneries working together.

Wouldn't it be nice if all this nonsense of user fixes to get a harmonious flying experience were a wives-tale of the past?

Timberleaf

There is actually instructions released for this on the ORBX forum. The files you moved (could have just added OFF to the end of the files without moving them) were correct but you also need to do this:

>>> in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA06_CVX\scenery

2_orthoimage_CA_USGS2010_KLAX-ManhattanBeach_LOD4-16.bgl.OFF