Thread: Article: Review: Virtavia - B-1B Lancer

Blog Entries

Default Article: Review: Virtavia - B-1B Lancer

I find the a/c to be ok. Disagree with reviewer - I found that MOST of the switches in the VC were inop. For example, manual states that the nav/gps switch is on the VSD - but it is not clickable. Manual states VSD can be dimmed using switch on VSD - also inop - etc.

Visually a nice bird and the animations are also good but it is not a P3Dv4 quality product and certainly NOT worth the $35USD, IMHO.

Hi, Vic!

Any chance the developer tried to be overly fancy-schmancy and used either left, right mouse click or scroll wheel for those switches?

Just a thought.....I have so few!

Tried them all. Icon doesn't change - no click spots at all on most of the switches. The basics work but really a poor job.

Looks cool though!

vgbaron, I agree on the price. Virtavia aircraft were always very well-priced on the FSX platform and I have bought almost every one of them for FSX. It was never the best quality, but they were certainly good enough for the asking price and occupied that sweet spot between decent quality and decent price.

But then a hallucinogenic drug called P3Dv4 was released and it made developers drunk on greed or something. Prices more than doubled and whereas before you commonly found P3Dv1-3 and FSX bundled together for the same price, now they were splitting P3Dv4, P3Dv3 and sometimes even FSX versions, all at the same inflated prices. The world has gone mad and I for one sincerely hope that Microsoft FS2020 is the antidote to cure everyone of this ailment.

Needless to say, I haven't bought a single Virtavia aircraft for P3D4, or XP11 for that matter, as the prices are simply too high. Phil from Virtavia, if you read this, please get your aircraft out of this no-man's land and back to the sweet-spot where normal people can buy them.