Replicating WWII bombing mission

Bwoinbeerr

So, I just got the a2a B-17, which I love. I am thinking about setting up something rather ambitious

I would like to set up a flight of b17 bombers, inclusief my own plane, together with a ai flight of b17 planes, on a bombing mission from England to Brest, France...

Would this be possible. Download a b17 ai model, and make a flight of say 12 b17's follow a flight plan from a airfield in England to Brest, and back.

Could u fs9 gurus please give me some pointers?

Thanks!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

Instead of having them land, have them do a TNG (Touch and Go).

If you use AIFP (AI Flight Planner) you can select what airport to fly from and to, on the outbound leg select TNG but on the inbound leg de-select it so it just land as normal, also make sure you have it IFR then it won't land at the TNG airport but fly low them climb again.

Col.

Instead of having them land, have them do a TNG (Touch and Go).

If you use AIFP (AI Flight Planner) you can select what airport to fly from and to, on the outbound leg select TNG but on the inbound leg de-select it so it just land as normal, also make sure you have it IFR then it won't land at the TNG airport but fly low them climb again.

Col.

Thank you!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

Another place to look is MIAW (Military AI Works), you have to register to download but they have some fantastic aircraft plus some full packages which include the bases, flight plans and call signs.

If you do go on and download, just make sure it is for FS9 because some are for FSX it does tell you though in the description, they have AI choppers as well with vertical take off.

https://militaryaiworks.com/

Col.

Generally speaking your project wouln't be that complicated. However, you certainly want to see your B-17 flying in a more or less compact formation. Therefore they should take off together in a row of at least three or four aircraft. That means you should add three or four invisible runways to the UK airfield and save each runway as separate ADE. The parkings should be as narrow to the runways as possible in order to really get the planes starting together. So far nothing impossible.

At Brest you also will add three or four invisible runways as waypoints.So far nothing special too, and it could look quite suitable. The only thing which could hurting you is the fact, that the B-17 approaching Brest will lower their gears. Unfortunately, and IMO, not a satisfying situation.

Bernard

By pure curiosity I tried to create a formation flight of twelve B-17 taking off at Rickenbacher Intl, former Lockbourne AFB and WWII training base for this aircraft.

49569321308_8df8d172c1_b.jpg

Even they are all the same model (ACG B17G AI) and taking off from the same runway, some fly their own path like the one on the right outside.

49569320058_fb2f3d2da0_b.jpg

On longrer flights I fear that the formation will be heavily scattered.

Bernard

I`m using AIFP and managed to show up the plane at Biggin Hill, but then it just does not move, which programs did you use?

BTW, did you checked your Biggin Hill ADE whether your parking radius is large enough (at least 65 ft.), properly linked and the hold short nodes are added?

Bernard