Microstutter just after take off

Bwoinbeerr

Hi all,

So, I am having this stutter, just after take off. When I look to my right, (always fly from VC), I see this stutter, for a second or so. Besides that performance is great, but this thing is really annoying. I have tried many different things, settings inside FS9, Nvidia Inspector settings, cfg tweaks, and so on..But I can`t seem to fix it..

I have a modest system:

Windows 10-64 bit

I7-3770K (no OC)

Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

8 GB DDR3 RAM

I have W10 and FS9 installed on two separate SSD`s..

I also use Process Lasso, to set CPU priority to high..

This happens at every airport, add on or default, with any plane I use..

I hope someone can help me out

Thanks in advance

Are you flying from the same airport every time the stutter starts by any chance?

Just a thought if you are, it could be because it's a large graphic file and/or a lot of aircraft parked up, once you get clear does it stop?

Col.

Hi,

This happens on more airports, this happened at Biggin Hill but happens at other airports also...

Got fed up with trying stuff, so I have reinstalled fs9, and am gonna install the add ons one by one..

So far so good, I've only installed fs9, the wings of power B17, fsuipc and active camera...and so far no stutters..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

I'm wondering if Process Lasso had anything to do with it. If you're setting the FS9 process to high priority, is that for all the CPU cores, or just a certain CPU core? If I'm not mistaken, the Sim will use core 1. Leaving cores 0,2,3, etc to do other stuff. Not sure about FS9, but in FSX's config file the core used can be changed. Also, the Sim will only use one core no matter how many cores you have. That's due to the Sim having been coded as a single threaded program.

So do as you're doing now with adding one add-on at a time until the issue comes back, and if you discover it's Process Lasso then it could be how that program is treating the FS9 process.

I've messed with Process Lasso many, many years ago, but I learned it's best to just let your computer and the program you're running to use what cores its programmed to work in, its process priority, etc. Though, if you have specific application requirements, then something like Process Lasso may be useful. I'm thinking more along the lines of virtual machines and servers or what ever.

I'm wondering if Process Lasso had anything to do with it. If you're setting the FS9 process to high priority, is that for all the CPU cores, or just a certain CPU core? If I'm not mistaken, the Sim will use core 1. Leaving cores 0,2,3, etc to do other stuff. Not sure about FS9, but in FSX's config file the core used can be changed. Also, the Sim will only use one core no matter how many cores you have. That's due to the Sim having been coded as a single threaded program.

So do as you're doing now with adding one add-on at a time until the issue comes back, and if you discover it's Process Lasso then it could be how that program is treating the FS9 process.

I've messed with Process Lasso many, many years ago, but I learned it's best to just let your computer and the program you're running to use what cores its programmed to work in, its process priority, etc. Though, if you have specific application requirements, then something like Process Lasso may be useful. I'm thinking more along the lines of virtual machines and servers or what ever.

Thanks! Going to try that out. I did shut down process lasso and run fs2004 without, but the stutter was there...

Aside from what CRJ said above, have you looked inside the PC case yet, it may be some of the fans are clogged up with dist, if so give them a blow out, but turn the PC off before you do, they say don't blow on a turning fan.

Col.

Yes, the case is clean, I regularly clean it..thanks