Thread: P3D T shaped hangars

Default P3D T shaped hangars

Hello everyone

A few years ago I was still running FSX and a friend greatly enhanced my local airport, Hidden Lake FA40. I have moved on to P3Dv4.5 and a lot of the buildings from the FSX version do not appear in P3D which I suspected would happen.

My friend does not have P3D and cannot update the airport so he sent me the build file. I have the registered version of ADE and planned at a minimum to update the hangar area but I cannot find T shaped hangars.

Can someone offer a source for these hangars?

Thanks
    Ed

2. Default

What do you need? I could probably update the ones you have to work in P3D or I also have some already made up, not sure if they're what you want though. Something like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storm_resistant_hngr_rusty.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	215659

Name:	storm_resistant_hngr_clean.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	215660

Name:	storm_resistant_hngr_type2a.jpg 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	215661

Hi Jim

Thank you for offering to help! I believe the hangars my friend used came from a file called GA Hangars but I can’t get them to show in the ADE list, in the project screen or in the sim.

Here is a pic from my FSX install.

Name:	FSX sim FA40.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	215663

And here is the real airport

Name:	FA40 hangars.jpg 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	215664

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Take care
    Ed

4. Default

It looks like what I have may work. I made a .zip file with 4 different T hangars, you'll need to put the .bgl in your FA40 scenery folder and the .dds in your texture folder. In ADE use the Library Object Manager to add the .bgl then copy the four thumbnail images to the Airport Design Editor 178\P34\Thumbs folder. These are P3D-native models made with the P3D v4.5 SDK so they won't work in FSX/FS9 etc.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fJ...3Q41oes5xbKnpk

Jim

Hi Jim

Thank you very much for the files and the instructions! I am quite new to ADE and that information makes the process much easier.

Take care
    Ed

6. Default

You're welcome! Let me know if you need help.

It's funny, I'm (half-assedly) working on an airport in Florida too. I went to FA40 in the sim and checked it out. Then I decided I'd fly to my airport rather than just closing the sim, and it was only like 36 nm away! KINF, Inverness! Those hangars actually came from my Inverness project, lol.

Jim

Jim, the hangars you posted are working great!

Retired and now living in Florida for 5 years, we are originally from Ohio, I'm visiting the MANY airports the Sunshine State has to offer. I have landed at Inverness many times as I wander the state and hope that you post it to the library for download.

Now I'm looking for other objects to replace those from FSX that do not appear in P3D. I'm still getting familiar with ADE but being retired I have the time and I love to learn new things.

Is there a good source for add on P3D compatible library objects? I'm finding that a lot of what I have for FSX don't show.

Thank you again for your help!

Take care
    Ed
    Last edited by Raceguy; 02-20-2020 at 01:13 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Raceguy View Post
    Now I'm looking for other objects to replace those from FSX that do not appear in P3D.
    Let me know what you need, I've got a lot of stuff already and I can make something up if it's not too elaborate.

Is there a good source for add on P3D compatible library objects?
    The Orbxlibs are loaded with stuff, but you can't distribute anything you build using them (unless you distribute through Orbx). You can use them as much as you want on your own machine though. You'd need to install Orbx Central to get the libs, while you're at it you might as well take advantage of the freeware airports, for example KLAL, Lakeland Linder Regl is one of them and so is KGIF, Winter Haven, they're all nicely done and close by.

Thank you again for your help!
    You're welcome, happy to help,
    Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for the offer of scenery objects. I think I have all that I need for FA40 right now.

I have the Orbxlibs but am not sure how to use them just yet but plan to take a long look today. I also have the Orbx freeware airports they are really great.

Thanks for all of your help!

Take care
    Ed