When flying over the Netherlands

poko

ATTENTION PLEASE:

It seems a concern has been voiced by someone in the Netherlands about the inherent danger of flying with a canoe. To address this concern FSX Canada has issued a notam to all Canadian FSX pilots to limit flying over the Netherlands to using just an airplane and no canoe! While I may disagree with this sentiment I firmly believe in respecting the beliefs of other FSX citizens throughout the world and will abide by the *one* dissenting opinion coming from somewhere in the Netherlands. As proof that I am obeying as instructed I offer photographic proof that I HAVE NOT STRAPPED A CANOE TO MY PLANE FOR MY NEXT FLIGHT!

stewart_spb011.jpg

stewart_spb010.jpg

Thank you for your kind attention regarding this matter!

Gary

ATTENTION PLEASE:

It seems a concern has been voiced by someone in the Netherlands about the inherent danger of flying with a canoe. To address this concern FSX Canada has issued a notam to all Canadian FSX pilots to limit flying over the Netherlands to using just an airplane and no canoe! While I may disagree with this sentiment I firmly believe in respecting the beliefs of other FSX citizens throughout the world and will abide by the *one* dissenting opinion coming from somewhere in the Netherlands. As proof that I am obeying as instructed I offer photographic proof that I HAVE NOT STRAPPED A CANOE TO MY PLANE FOR MY NEXT FLIGHT!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215638[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215639[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your kind attention regarding this matter!

Gary

That was an interesting response from the Netherlands in the first place. I know of one person from there has who dropped airplanes, golf carts, etc. into waterways, rivers, oceans, fairway water hazards, etc. for decades. I wonder why no one from the Netherlands ever asked that person to not fly over their house or especially their gold course, boat, and/or ship??

BTW: That's a great looking fuel drop tank shown attached to your plane!! I'm sure you're aware that during long distance flights the "drop tank" is often disposed or (dropped) when its' contents are exhausted. Perhaps a specific area in the Netherlands would be a good spot to dispose of your tank when you decide it is empty. ;)

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Always listen carefully to a von Peerhoven! Our statements are based on years of experience & wisdom, education, being noble and pretty and punching many noses. You're dooooooooomed! :mad:

:rolleyes:

That was an interesting response from the Netherlands in the first place. I know of one person from there has who dropped airplanes, golf carts, etc. into waterways, rivers, oceans, fairway water hazards, etc. for decades. I wonder why no one from the Netherlands ever asked that person to not fly over their house or especially their gold course, boat, and/or ship??

BTW: That's a great looking fuel drop tank shown attached to your plane!! I'm sure you're aware that during long distance flights the "drop tank" is often disposed or (dropped) when its' contents are exhausted. Perhaps a specific area in the Netherlands would be a good spot to dispose of your tank when you decide it is empty. ;)

Michael

I'm not to worried he'll be totally canoeless, won't even see me coming lol

"Perhaps a specific area in the Netherlands would be a good spot to dispose of your tank when you decide it is empty."

AH! TSK! and WHERE is that area??? HUH!! :confused:

Told you, he is completely canoeless

A very strange conversation indeed. Regardless, I sure like the paint on that aircraft! Canoe or not :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A very strange conversation indeed. Regardless, I sure like the paint on that aircraft! Canoe or not :D

:) Well Jan started it!

Thanks for liking the paint scheme though.

The first Camo canoe I've ever seen. :D

I'm sure Sears use to sell them back in the day :) I googled "camouflaged canoe" and apparently you can find all kinds of videos, pictures, and even vinyl shrink wrap kits to camo your canoe! Go figure...

Gary

:) Well Jan started it!

Thanks for liking the paint scheme though.

I'm sure Sears use to sell them back in the day :) I googled "camouflaged canoe" and apparently you can find all kinds of videos, pictures, and even vinyl shrink wrap kits to camo your canoe! Go figure...

Gary

Yes, Von Peerhoven can stir up a vortex from time to time :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't start anything! It all started with Poko's/Gary's announcement to drop a canoe on my roof! :mad: I kindly advised him to stay away from Amsterdam, and especially my roof. So this is a legal matter of self defense! Honest!
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Canoe? I can't even see the plane. :p -- Bob

If you want to know why American beer is like making love in a a canoe pm me...

Umm, what plane? ;)

Presuming the location is NOT over water....

Wouldn't wanna accidentally drop a canoe on the water now would we lol

The other day I was watching a You Tube video of an Oshkosh fly-in, a guy was taking off with a bicycle mounted to the underside of a wing?

Rick :cool:

There's one on this plane, can't you see it? Strapped to the canoe?

I didn't start anything! It all started with Poko's/Gary's announcement to drop a canoe on my roof! :mad: I kindly advised him to stay away from Amsterdam, and especially my roof. So this is a legal matter of self defense! Honest!

Tsk tsk tsk:rolleyes:

Can't afford a float plane base....:confused::confused: Holland is one great float plane base......

Holland has tons of wet airplanes in the drink! And most of those were obviously landed in the drink by Von Peerhoven and didn't come equipped with floats, bicycles, or canoes!!:p:p;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.