I've Been Looking for a Boeing 767 in the New American Airlines Livery

Hard to find a freeware American Airlines (new livery) Boeing 767. The ones I have found had one issue or more with them. I currently have an older livery American Airlines Boeing 767 by iFDG/CamSim that flies like a champ and everything works! In my search for what seems impossible to find, I came across 2 repaints that I was really impressed by. Yes, they are iFDG/CamSim aircraft and the repaints were by a fellow named Mohammed Al-Khaalifa. Below is a Thomas Cook repaint for the 767 that I have. I also found a Delta repaint by the same painter. I don't get overly excited about things I run into while searching for other things, but this painter's works, to me, are really outstanding!

2020-2-15_15-57-52-737.jpg

Just thought I would share with you all and give this guy a "THUMBS UP!"

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Nice find Rick! Looking good. :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, sometimes that's hard to find a livery one wants. Particularly I knew that a while ago :) , the AA didn't gave permission to make their livery, if I remember well (IIRW :) )
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Thanks David, Gerard and Larry!

The repaints that this Mohammed does is unreal! I also downloaded the Delta repaint 767 that he did! I understand, Larry,

about the AA livery, old vs new, but I already have the original, I just wanted to add the new to the collection. Oh well, now I have Thomas Cook and Delta to keep the original AA 767 company! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys! - Rick :cool:

Thanks Darren, but, project opensky was one that I had many problems with! The iFDG line is one of the best that I have come across, but I can't seem to find the new American Airlines livery in that line! I restored a Sky Spirit 767 had had loaded couple of years ago. It flies great, but the paint isn't all that great. It will do until I happen upon the download that will meet all my criteria!

Thanks for the suggestion just the same! Rick :cool:

Jan - Congrats on your B767, you actually have white paint to go with the livery. I had several downloads that came with gray paint, looked nothing like what American had envisioned for their paint. Also, had several with landing gear issues. The 767 sports the tilted main landing gear. On several of these, the lead set of tires would dig into the asphalt giving more of an appearance of a trencher, not a passenger jet. No problem, let me fiddle with the contact point to correct that, NOT, it only got worse with my "touches!" I gave up entirely on the Posky/Opensky 767's.

The iFDG CamSim line, to me, was the best of all of them, white paint, no issues with the landing gear!!

I pulled one of my original 767, new livery, aircraft out of storage to see what that looked like. It is a SkySpirt download, flies well, paint is slightly gray, no landing gear issues. Nav lights dim, aircraft.cfg suggests that most of the standard lighting is built into the model. Let me provide a screenshot, I will be back with an edit of this post.

Boeing 767-300ER by Sky Spirit

2020-2-19_7-31-10-606.jpg

Boeing 787 by iFDG CamSim

2020-2-19_7-32-23-265.jpg

As you might be able to notice the difference in paint, gray-ish in the 767 vs a whiter appearance with the 787 iFDG. I know, "Rick has gone off his rocker," maybe so. I am picky about my downloads that I have. If American airlines intended for their paint to be white, it should be white. AND, why does Posky/Opensky have to offer up THEIR aircraft lightings, I see no advantage of their lighting over the standard lighting offered in other downloads. And, when they build their lighting into the model, "What you see, is what you get!" No modifying the intensity of the light, ie

fx_navred vs

fx_navredm vs

fx_navredh

I shouldn't only pick on Posky/Opensky, as the AFS freeware 767 gave me the most problems with landing gear issues!

Yes, it all does come down to personal preference, but what I have will suffice until a iFDG 767 repaint comes along.

Thanks, Jan, I do like your 767!

Edited by Downwind66

Jan - I have to stand corrected about the 767 downloads.

Gear problems was with the AFS download.

Paint problems, most of the downloads I have tried, white appears to be gray.

Exterior lights - My current 767-300ER American Airlines download is the Sky Spirit with Opensky aircraft lighting!

I hastily shot Posky in the foot, I will try to find the download that you have, maybe all will be okay with that. Would you have a site or filename of where you found yours?

Thanks - Rick :cool:

Okay, Jan, I flew the new download just a few minutes ago, Takeoff to pattern altitude, and an ILS to land RWY 33 Charleston, SC, and it flew like a champ from start to finish, no complaints (other than the gray vs white) what-so-ever! Very nice flier! Couple of pics, and then I will end this post!

Base Leg

2020-2-19_23-12-17-223.jpg

Final ILS approach to land RWY 33 KCHS

2020-2-19_23-16-13-624.jpg

Thanks to you all for listening to my frustrations in something as simple as paint not being right, and a continued search for the correct color, leading to some very crazy flight issues.:rolleyes: I find this last download very satisfying with flight, the color will have to do for now! We are good to go with this one!

Edited by Downwind66

Passing that light gray into white, with a simple FS texture editor could be simple, or not (particularly if the grey can't be filled with white easily)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net