My Interpretation of 'Fly With That One Pilot Chick #2'

From that new article here, 'Fly With That One Pilot Chick #2', at FlightSim.com Not so easy to fly with FSX what that pilot is flying RW! (depart northbound Scappoose (KSPB), 4,000 feet, right heading 081° and pass over the BTG VOR. Thence 115° and over 1W1, 161° to KTTD). Personally stopped at KTTD :) Think it's interesting for RW pilot, a good training (in terms of tuning FSX included)

All that flight from a pilot's POV

kttd001.jpg

Preflight at Scappoose (KSPB)

kttd002.jpg

Tuning instruments

kttd002b.jpg

Checking our route!

kttd003.jpg

After climbing to 4,000 ft, turning to BTG VOR

kttd004.jpg

Keeping flying :)

kttd005.jpg

Portland Intl I think on my right

kttd006.jpg

Soon at KTTD, turning in base

kttd007.jpg

Final to KTTD

kttd008.jpg

Flare and touchdown!

-- those views with:

.boxed FSX Gold Edition with the Acceleration Pack

.default FSX Cessna 172

.default weather

.the freeware shader adjuster rdart78 and textures set (not used there) --

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Nice Gerard! She is definitely doing a lot of work (and those following in the sim.). I’m so spoiled plugging waypoints into the GPS, I’m feel I’m too lazy to do it the “old” way :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks! (still know the old way, because here in France, the GPS way is still not a legal reference, like I had checked for my website. A pilot still has to fly with his charts, ruler, etc. as the GPS is just used for convenience :pilot:)

In any case, that rubric is challenging!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Thanks! (still know the old way, because here in France, the GPS way is still not a legal reference, like I had checked for my website. A pilot still has to fly with his charts, ruler, etc. as the GPS is just used for convenience :pilot:)

In any case, that rubric is challenging!

Heck I remember doing pilotage and dead reckoning flying! Talk about a lot of work!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course! But that's the basics of pilotage. With a good PPL finally, everything after is just deepening the question of flying a plane :) And I personally like, on the other hand, those VFR charts. Much colorfull and a fine representation of terrain

Of course! But that's the basics of pilotage. With a good PPL finally, everything after is just deepening the question of flying a plane :) And I personally like, on the other hand, those VFR charts. Much colorfull and a fine representation of terrain

Yes, there is something magical about those charts carried around in ones “brain bag.” :cool:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Larry! I think that rubric at FlightSim is interesting. A good way to rejuvenate one's skills and FSX tuning!

Nice work G'erard!! And we should all be aware we're just one serious hack away from losing GPS or cell phones either locally or possibly even world wide!! I don't even take a long distance automobile trip without hard copy charts, maps, etc. of where I'm going! ;) And yes, I know I sound like a "Tin Hat." But as the old song goes "Country Boys Will Survive."

I flew, boated, and drove in several countries and bodies of water long before GPS and cell phone were in use. I've also flown across North America and parts of Asia at lower altitudes than long range VORTAC was available at. I still can navigate in each medium using paper and a manual plotter. IMHO, We all should be able too as well!

In fact on several recent auto trips in various places in the world including much of the West in the US and Northern UK I have found "No Bars" on the cell phone to not be unusual at all. As I understand it, that's hugely true due to weather issues in the UK right this minute.

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nice work G'erard!! And we should all be aware we're just one serious hack away from losing GPS or cell phones either locally or possibly even world wide!! I don't even take a long distance automobile trip without hard copy charts, maps, etc. of where I'm going! ;) And yes, I know I sound like a "Tin Hat." But as the old song goes "Country Boys Will Survive."

I flew, boated, and drove in several countries and bodies of water long before GPS and cell phone were in use. I've also flown across the continent at lower altitudes than long range VORTAC was available at. I still can navigate in each medium using paper and a manual plotter.

In fact on several auto trips in various places in the world including much of the West in the US and Northern UK I have found "No Bars" on the cell phone to not be unusual at all. As I understand it, that's hugely true due to weather issues in the UK right this minute.

Michael

Always a good idea to have backups!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Totally agree with you Rupert! I think in France, a GPS aboard a GA plane is allowed but like a kind of additional help to usual dead reckoning. I even brought at recent sales, a new sport watch with a corona to be able to clock my VFR legs!