Brunner CLS-E NG Force Feedback Yoke for sale NEW

Billd

On Monday I received 2 Brunner CLS-E NG Force Feedback Yokes. To my dismay, I discovered the yokes were not sufficient for my

Flight Illusion C-182T FTD Cockpit which had FI FFB Yokes I was going to replace. Brunner had offered to refund the cost of the yokes .

I would ship the yokes back at my expense. ($780.00) I paid $1,380.00 for each yoke.

I decided shipping them back would not be financially feasable. I have decided to keep 1 yoke for my other computer and sell the other

for $800.00 plus $89.00 shipping USPS.

I checked on the warranty: The warranty would not apply to a second party who may purchase the yoke. The yoke will be shipped in the unopened box. Ship U.S. only Accept PayPal only

Pm me if interested Bill Davis Kent, WA

Edited by Billd

• 3 months later...

Hi Bill,

I know you have terminated the sale. I was just curious as to what the issue is with integrating the yokes with the Flight Illusion panels? I have a C172 from Flight Illusion and I have all but given up with the FI yoke (too much friction, impossible to return to neutral and therefore makes trimming nearly impossible).

I was looking at swapping the FI Yoke with the Brunner CLS-E MKII, however, I am concerend with the lenght of the yoke box at 440mm.

What was your issue?

Thanks

Rynardt, UK.

Hi Ryanardt

Brunner bought back and to my surprise paid all expenses for the 2 CLS-E NG yokes which had only 3 "of yoke travel. I immediately purchased 2 CLS-E MK II yokes which had 6" of yoke travel. The MK II yokes have a longer case than the CLS-E NG. It only took 4 days shipping to the US from Switzerland.

I had no problem integrating my Brunner CLS-E MK II yokes to the C-182 panel. I only had to remove the rear cover panel as and leave it off as it will stick out 1 1/4 " past the box.

Sometime later I will have the rear panel modified to fit the back of the unit.

These Brunner yokes are fantastic. Much like the real thing !

Edited by Billd

Hi Bill,

Thanks for letting me know. Brunner will be shipping the yoke out tomorrow. I'm already researching my options in getting the FI motorized trim wheel to work the same as real life trim. That should be fun!

The FI yoke was swapped out by my good friends over at FI, but the flying school where I have based this simulator isn't happy with even the swapped out unit. So, I've decided to go for the Brunner now. The CLS2Sim external control protocol at least makes a lot of things possible now.

Thanks for the info, I was expecting to have to do the same, i.e remove the rear panel. Also, as the FI yoke shaft seems to sit slightly higher in the yoke box than the Brunner (according to the drawings), I'm expecting to have to come up with a solution to raise the yoke mounting position as well.

Thanks

Rynardt

I just used wood blocks shaved to the right size on both the front and rear to make them fit properly. I GLUED the units down with a tube of "SHOE GLUE" on both units, NO BOLTS. They dried in about an hour and work better than bolts. Both units are VERY STURDY. I have not been able to yank them loose. Bill Edited by Billd

Hi Bill,

I've just received my CLS-E MKII yoke today. GOt stuck in UK customs for 4 days! Madness.

I've already asked Brunner support (who seems to be slow to reply today), but what process did you follow to remove the yoke handles to pass it through the C182 panel? I can't find any information about this.

Thanks

Rynardt

Hi Rynardts,

Brunner yoke:Loosen the setscrew on the handle. Carefully pull the handle off slowly until the USB cord is exposed. Remove key from control rod. Disconnect USB cord from handle.

Same procedure for FI yoke except remove 2" bolt and setscrew. Unsolder wires from switches when yoke is removed.

Glad to help !

Let's PM for further questions. Bill

Edited by Billd

Hi Bill,

Thanks for all the information, you have been very helpful. Unfortunately, I've become an expert in the FI yoke over the past year or so. I basically rebuilt the thing from scratch to reduce the friction on the elevator axis. The sprocket and chain design is a terrible idea due to friction, so I replaced that with a rack and pinion system. However that yoke will be going into my home sim and the Brunners are going into my commercial sim.

Thanks again for all the help!

Rynardt

• 1 year later...
On Monday I received 2 Brunner CLS-E NG Force Feedback Yokes. To my dismay, I discovered the yokes were not sufficient for my

Flight Illusion C-182T FTD Cockpit which had FI FFB Yokes I was going to replace. Brunner had offered to refund the cost of the yokes .

I would ship the yokes back at my expense. ($780.00) I paid $1,380.00 for each yoke.

I decided shipping them back would not be financially feasable. I have decided to keep 1 yoke for my other computer and sell the other

for $800.00 plus $89.00 shipping USPS.

I checked on the warranty: The warranty would not apply to a second party who may purchase the yoke. The yoke will be shipped in the unopened box. Ship U.S. only Accept PayPal only

Pm me if interested Bill Davis Kent, WA

do you still have it? if so i''ll buy it

No I don't. I purchased 2 Brunner CLS-E MK II yokes from them. As recently as June 2, someone had a Brunner CLS-E yoke for sale on Av...s..m. May still be there. Love my yokes! Haven't had one issue with them!! I have the best on the market. Bill Davis Edited by Billd

• 2 weeks later...