Floating through the skies of FS2004, the search for realism continues!

Hey everyone,

I hope you all have a great day.

I'm still not able to upgrade to a newer sim so the road to achieve a "realistic" FS9 continues.

They had to be scaled down sadly, but here are some screenshots, enjoy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Yes, I love the classic 747.. did you notice already?

8.jpg

9.jpg

List of addons seen in the pictures:

- CLS 747 (made the PH-BUI repaint myself, it is not available (yet))

- Manfred Jahn C47 FS9 version (Freeware)

- Wilco 737

- REX Overdrive

- NL2000 v3SE (Freeware)

- Aerosoft Amsterdam Schiphol

- Flightzone Portland

- FSRealWX Lite (Freeware)

- FSUIPC

- ENB Series (Freeware)

Flight Simulator 2004 & P3D v4 | i5-10400F @ 4.3 Ghz | Nvidia GTX1650 4GB | 8GB DDR4 RAM | 256GB SSD + 1TB SSD

Great looking set of FS9 shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Well I for one day they look great! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is still my opinion that MS peaked with FS2004. The balance between High quality Freeware and Payware was stellar. So the sim is still extremely viable with careful and selective installs. I have FSX, FSXSE, P3D 1,3 & 4, XP11. Guess which one gets most usage?

It is still my opinion that MS peaked with FS2004. The balance between High quality Freeware and Payware was stellar. So the sim is still extremely viable with careful and selective installs. I have FSX, FSXSE, P3D 1,3 & 4, XP11. Guess which one gets most usage?

What is the speed of your computer? How much add on scenery do you want to view at any given time? Do you care about accurate scenery and are you concerned about frame rates? Those all are questions concerning your simming experience.

[ If all of those answers from you are a yes, I'm happy with what I'm doing and enjoy it!! That's great for you!! But I hope you don't won't dump on those of us who are looking for something more!! [/i] In my case,I'm all over P3dV4.5 until the new FSX comes out! To each his/her own!!\\

rupert

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

me : Win10 I7sized_FS9_EGFC_FSSE1.JPG6700K, GTX1050TI4G, 16GRAM, SDD500GB FS9 on C:\root FSglobalX , Ultterr. USA CAN ALK EUR , FSceneX , FSSE + about 100 addons

Hi Stratocaster , beautiful images. Indeed also for me FS9 will probably forever remain my sim. I use it since it came out and still after all those years I cannot believe how stable and realistic it is. I love it every day. I still use LAGO FSSE objectplacer , Do you have any experience with that program? I have been able to add about 100 or so extra objects in the FSSE Object library but I cannot quite

figure out how to configure the database itself. Was wondering if there's anyone who still knows that wonderfull WYSIWYG object

place program. kind regards

Edited by piet06273
picture not well placed please under text

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Very cool shots!!!! I'm an avid FS9 user myself. I noticed you use ENB. I used to use it but switched over to Sweetfx and like the results way better than ENB as the colors are more vivid but not blown out.

someone mentioned using an SSD improved performance. is it worth getting an SSD for the flightsims if this is the case? and if so what is a good option (best bang for my buck)?

• 1 month later...
The landclass in FS9 indeed isn't that great. Especially compared to ORBX products for the other sims. However, there are a few landclass packages available for FS9. But if your FSX runs fine, be glad and just use that!
Flight Simulator 2004 & P3D v4 | i5-10400F @ 4.3 Ghz | Nvidia GTX1650 4GB | 8GB DDR4 RAM | 256GB SSD + 1TB SSD

Cool pic! And no I do not have any experience with that program. Making a good repaint is a difficult enough task for me.. (the KLM in the screenshots is my own, and it still is not finished).

Thank you,

I agree on the ENB thing, I used the Soft ENB "natural" preset from the Full Environment 9 package in those screens.

Currently I have the SweetFX files in there as well. The struggle still continues to find the correct sky texture set. I have REX overdrive as well as Envtex and FSUIPC but the sky just doesn't really look very realistic to me. What sky textures would you recommend?

An SSD might get rid of some blurries in a heavily tweaked FS2004, but because it is such an old sim I don't expect it to improve on framerates (I still use an HDD so I am not sure). In FSX and P3D many people claim it makes a big difference.

Good job on your Youtube videos, they are very usefull!

The landclass in FS9 indeed isn't that great. Especially compared to ORBX products for the other sims. However, there are a few landclass packages available for FS9. But if your FSX runs fine, be glad and just use that!

Yes! That's about the same tantrum since I began flying Microsoft FS with FS98. Unless you can afford for the latest PC unit with the latest video card matching the pace of FS development, you'll always be frustrated. Even as a RW pilot, not that protected from that! :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net