Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Floating through the skies of FS2004, the search for realism continues!

1. Default

It is still my opinion that MS peaked with FS2004. The balance between High quality Freeware and Payware was stellar. So the sim is still extremely viable with careful and selective installs. I have FSX, FSXSE, P3D 1,3 & 4, XP11. Guess which one gets most usage?

Quote Originally Posted by anaismith View Post
    It is still my opinion that MS peaked with FS2004. The balance between High quality Freeware and Payware was stellar. So the sim is still extremely viable with careful and selective installs. I have FSX, FSXSE, P3D 1,3 & 4, XP11. Guess which one gets most usage?
    What is the speed of your computer? How much add on scenery do you want to view at any given time? Do you care about accurate scenery and are you concerned about frame rates? Those all are questions concerning your simming experience.

[ If all of those answers from you are a yes, I'm happy with what I'm doing and enjoy it!! That's great for you!! But I hope you don't won't dump on those of us who are looking for something more!! [/I] In my case,I'm all over P3dV4.5 until the new FSX comes out! To each his/her own!!\\

rupert
    Last edited by Rupert; 02-14-2020 at 09:04 PM.

It look very nice indeed.
    Larry

4. Default

me : Win10 I7Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sized_FS9_EGFC_FSSE1.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	2156776700K, GTX1050TI4G, 16GRAM, SDD500GB FS9 on C:\root FSglobalX , Ultterr. USA CAN ALK EUR , FSceneX , FSSE + about 100 addons
    Hi Stratocaster , beautiful images. Indeed also for me FS9 will probably forever remain my sim. I use it since it came out and still after all those years I cannot believe how stable and realistic it is. I love it every day. I still use LAGO FSSE objectplacer , Do you have any experience with that program? I have been able to add about 100 or so extra objects in the FSSE Object library but I cannot quite
    figure out how to configure the database itself. Was wondering if there's anyone who still knows that wonderfull WYSIWYG object
    place program. kind regards
    Last edited by piet06273; 02-21-2020 at 02:44 AM. Reason: picture not well placed please under text

5. Default

Very cool shots!!!! I'm an avid FS9 user myself. I noticed you use ENB. I used to use it but switched over to Sweetfx and like the results way better than ENB as the colors are more vivid but not blown out.

someone mentioned using an SSD improved performance. is it worth getting an SSD for the flightsims if this is the case? and if so what is a good option (best bang for my buck)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2