One flight chick #2

Rupert

Yesterday I flew the route in Oregon shown on the home page under ONE FLIGHT CHICK #2. I also shot a bunch of T&GS at other airports where she didn't land.

As usual my software is ORBX both the regional and the Portland City.

1st.jpg

4th.jpg

5th.jpg

9th.jpg

15th.jpg

approach.jpg

final.jpg

last.jpg

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I've read rapidly that girl's page. Is it that one flies some VFR she's flying, or?

She's working on her RW commercial and instrument ratings in Oregon. They've done two clips of VFR flights she took last summer. They list all her stops, headings, VOR, etc. RW. This is my sim reincarnation of one of those two flights.

Michael

Fine series of shots Michael. I especially like the cockpit pics. :cool: :cool: :)

Thanks Larry,

That's become my favorite virtual cockpit. While flying I sight see out the two side views on my two side monitors. It's as close to a RW cockpit setup as I'm willing to buy.

Michael

Nice looking flight and plane you have there! Keep them coming! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice looking flight and plane you have there! Keep them coming! :pilot:

Rw

I certainly will! Having said that, this series is based upon RW flying of a RW pilot who is working on increasing her certifications!

Michael

Rw

I certainly will! Having said that, this series is based upon RW flying of a RW pilot who is working on increasing her certifications!

Michael

I do remember that being posted in the forum. It would be fun to follow along and do it in the sim. I think I did one of the airports she flew into.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks great indeed. Will try to free some time to fly that!

This is the 2nd of her series. Oregon, especially with ORBX scenery, including "Portland City," is very well presented. I flew in that area several times RW in the 60's and drove through there in my convertible last year. The scenery depicted is IMHO as close to accurate as any I've ever found.

I and a few others responded to the first post strongly and that's probably why it's back. I hope others will join me in encouraging a #3 edition as well.

Michael

Great! Think I will get some free time that weekend. The only trouble I have is with the sectional VFR for the area; it's much heavy to load in any software I have and I have to check whether the .pdf format is easier to handle (like a RW PPL, I never fly without my charts :):) )
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Great! Think I will get some free time that weekend. The only trouble I have is with the sectional VFR for the area; it's much heavy to load in any software I have and I have to check whether the .pdf format is easier to handle (like a RW PPL, I never fly without my charts :):) )

I feel your pain!! It takes a ton of power to fly with that much data!!

And I agree. I always check the RW weather and the charts before I fly as well. That's the main reason I still belong to AOPA.

Michael

Michael

Progressing now! I have just checked the fame old site SkyVector https://skyvector.com/ . Just took a screen capture or two, of the area concerned (much lighter indeed). The trouble now :):) is that I miss on the map 42OR and 2OG3, I surmise to be terrains. Think I will fly that and just see however!
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Progressing now! I have just checked the fame old site SkyVector https://skyvector.com/ . Just took a screen capture or two, of the area concerned (much lighter indeed). The trouble now :):) is that I miss on the map 42OR and 2OG3, I surmise to be terrains. Think I will fly that and just see however!

Where's your screen capture or two????

Michael

Just here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?320700-My-Interpretation-of-Fly-With-That-One-Pilot-Chick-2 :):)

Ooops thought that was my pics for the flight. But anyway among those, there is the one of the sectional (cropped South cause I stopped at KTTD :) )

Edited by flightsimg