When You Need To Go, and You need to do it Fast and Comfortable, This is the Way!!

Nice one Rick! Definitely fun to fly. Is that the FSX default?

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, it is, you had it out in one of your most recent flights. I saw it and said, it's been awhile, let me take it for a spin from Detroit Metro Wayne to Pittsburgh! Nice aircraft!

Rick :cool:

David - Your flight Panama City, FL to Harlingen, TX

Edited by Downwind66

Oh, Jan, now you are daydreaming of such an adventure! You are talking about the passengers having a bottle of Champagne, and not the pilots?

Yeah, this default Lear is really terrific!

Thanks for commenting! - Rick :cool:

I see it wasn't the 45th Anniversary model. I strarted my trip with that one you were using but the airspeed hold button wasn't engaging. I noticed yours was showing green. I had to switch to the anniversary model. Odd.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - Funny you should say that! This morning I tried the White/Gold Lear, cross country from Baltimore/Washington to Richmond, VA, and lo and behold, the plane ran out of memory. Yep , pre dawn flight, running panel lights, and I guess it just told me, nope, I can't do this for you, at least not in the darkness hours. Oh well,I have 8 GB of Ram, I want to upgrade to 16 GB Ram, but until that happens, I have a few select aircraft that are prone to quitting on me mid flight. Some aircraft I have, can take whatever I can throw at them, no issues at all! :rolleyes:

It is a nice aircraft, both the White/Gold and the Anniversary Lear 45!..

David - Funny you should say that! This morning I tried the White/Gold Lear, cross country from Baltimore/Washington to Richmond, VA, and lo and behold, the plane ran out of memory. Yep , pre dawn flight, running panel lights, and I guess it just told me, nope, I can't do this for you, at least not in the darkness hours. Oh well,I have 8 GB of Ram, I want to upgrade to 16 GB Ram, but until that happens, I have a few select aircraft that are prone to quitting on me mid flight. Some aircraft I have, can take whatever I can throw at them, no issues at all! :rolleyes:

It is a nice aircraft, both the White/Gold and the Anniversary Lear 45!..

Well, that stinks! It just amazes me how the computers we run with flight sim can do things like that. Sometimes I wish I understood better hwo memory, CPUs and all that stuff really works down to the electron level but alas, I really don't have the time to dig that deep :rolleyes:

It really impresses me the folks here that have that kind of knowledge.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

how memory, CPUs and all that stuff really works down to the electron level but alas, I really don't have the time to dig that deep

:):) not that much complicated

I lately installed a simple, freeware, memory manager. It cleans the load of the PC's working memory when it exceeds 80 percent, for example. And that's great because my last Boeing 737-200 flight kept mostly working all along! That's called 'Memory Cleaner.' Much variants of such freewares (check something like 'memory, clean,' etc. with a search engine (beware as some freeware like that may install unwanted things))

On the other hand, I'm also using a -- freeware of course -- cleaner, register defrag, unuseful files manager, etc. called Advanced SystemCare. That's from a brand called Iobit, I think. Much fine. Alleviate the work of your PC components! Much useful but don't try to get into much advanced utilities they propose, on the other hand

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Hey Rick, Great shots!!

The Lear is one of my favorite planes as well. Having said that, if you want a slightly smaller but hugely fast bizjet go to the download files on this site and get the freeware Honda Jet. It's hugely satisfying and has lots of interior details etc. In fact I've flown several payware aircraft I don't like nearly as well as that freeware plane. ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Also my problem, I invest a fortune in a PC and hope it will work...

So say we all!! Having said that, I do enjoy building a new computer from time to time. That way I know exactly what I have and if any piece doesn't suit me I just return it and install another I like better.

In fact I'm very interested in seeing the recommended specs for the new Microsoft sim, if it ever comes out. I've almost always used Intel CPUS and I've heard they're designing the new sim around the AMD chip. So I'll have to see how it flies with my current i-9K based build.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.