Cannot install 787v6aax CamSim successfully on FSX

pmsagdeo

The Camsim models don't support DX10 Preview. Have you tried switching it off?
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Downloaded the zip file, installed following the instructions to the lette. Only the airport runway shows up. Nothing in the cockpit or other views show up. Any suggestions to fix will be appreciated.

You might get a faster, better answer if you could provide a file name of the download and from which site? Looks like your first post, so, when asking for help, it's best to give the forum a file name which will help in getting you an answer!

Rick :cool:

He probably meant a 788v6aax.zip (787-800) or 789v6aax.zip (787-900), both in the FltSim library. I can't find a 787v6aax.zip which is most likely the 788 above. There are also 787-10's as 780v6, but no American Airlines
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thanks, Jack, I think you are right with your assumptions. I was looking for what he had given 787v6aax.zip and I wasn't getting any results. I tried your 788 zip file and it does pop up. I'll give it a whirl to see if I can see anything. It's obvious, the OP isn't breaking down the doors trying to get back to either one of us, so I will give it a quick look, but, not going to spend a bunch of time on it tonite!

Hope all is well with you! We survived another year! :rolleyes:

Take care! - Rick :cool:

Downloaded the zip file, installed following the instructions to the lette. Only the airport runway shows up. Nothing in the cockpit or other views show up. Any suggestions to fix will be appreciated.

Pradip - Okay, I tried a download file that member dogdish suggested, 788v6aax.zip after finding out there is no 787v6aax.zip file on this site's library. I downloaded the 788 file and all worked well. Below is a screenshot of the cockpit view looking down the runway.

2020-2-8_22-29-18-55.jpg

Check your steps you made downloading. If you don't have any luck, delete all you have installed for that ONE particular aircraft, and try the download again!

Good luck! Rick :cool:

Well, it's been 4 days now since you asked for help. Maybe you solved your issue, maybe not, but I really am not going to lose any sleep over it. I not only downloaded the file at hand, just to see if I could see any potential problems, which I did not, but I managed to upgrade my B787 from V2 to V6. I am enjoying this download now, so all was not a waste of my time!

Just a bit of advice, if you ask for help, people are more than willing to help, but you have to be willing to make yourself available to read and respond to the people who are offering the help that you asked for, otherwise, the next time, you may or may not get a timely response! JMHO!

2020-2-11_13-35-36-287.jpg

2020-2-11_13-36-21-444.jpg

Edited by Downwind66