New Comer to this site Looking for just a list of ILS frequencies for USA

Greg W

Hi Everyone:

I have just reinstalled FSX, 737PIC Evolution, and I am looking for a plain text list of ILS frequencies for USA airports. I like to fly in and out of KMKE and KBOI. I think that we could start an Excel SS with listings if anyone else is interested.

Let me know if you want me to start an Excel list of ILS frequencies for everyone to enjoy. In the mean time I need help finding them.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Maybe I missed something along the way, if there is a site with a just plain text file of ILS that already exists then please direct me to it.

Thanks again.

I'm not sure what you would do with just a frequency list.

Without the inbound track and the correct FAP etc, such a list doesn't make much sense IMO.

All the approach charts are free available in the net, but since the FSX database is very old, there will be a lot of discrepancies when using actual charts.

Furthermore such a list would be very long.

If you want to fly e.g. at KMKE and KBOI why don't you simply check in the FSX map? There you will find the correct frequencies and inbound tracks.

That would be part of a correct preflight planning.

Thanks for the input plx 104. If I had the listing I could just set the ILS frequency as I was getting ready to decend to the airport. FSX doesn't let you know before hand what active runways are at your arrival destination until ATC tells you what your landing runway is. This way I could have a piece of paper attached to my monitor as a quick reference and able to set my ILS frequency based on the 'cheat sheet' at eye level. Now if FSX provided the current arrival runway before hand as part of my pre-flight settings that would be nice. But runway information changes like the weather and I could start out with on runway as my destination runway only to be changed as my flight continued to the destination airport. Any way just a useful tool for my flight sim experience. Much appreciated input though. :-)

It's the same IRL. Most of the time you receive the arrival runway when starting your initial descent. But it does happen of course that the runway in use is being changed during your descent, even at a late stage.

When you know the runway, open the map and check the ILS freq and inbound track.

That's close to real world ops with an EFB. :)

I usually get ILS frequencies from the default GPS. One of the nice things about doing that is when you're flying a plane with a standby channel on NAV1 you can highlight the freq in the GPS and press ENT to pop that freq right into the standby channel, then just swap it into active and you're good to go. You can do the same for ATIS frequencies.

You could also use MakeRwys.exe to scan your FS installation and extract that information. From Pete Dowson (of FSUIPC fame):

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

It outputs data in a number of formats, "r5.csv" for example will open in Excel and the cell values are explained in the readme.pdf that comes with MakeRwys.exe.

Greg,

First off, welcome! :D

I appreciate what you're trying to do. But alas, I feel it's not going to work. The stock navigation aids in FSX are quite out of date. Unless you can draw that information out of FSX directly somehow, I don't think you'll be able to find a list of ILS frequencies that is accurate.

For most of my flying, I go VFR. But for IFR flights, I always peruse the FSX map to make certain the navaids I'm using from real charts are still included in FSX. Quite often, I'll find communications and navaid frequencies that have changed or navaids that are either gone (especially NDBs) or nonexistent (i.e. weren't yet built when FSX was released).

Now, a list of updates and changes to navaids that is updated frequently? That would be really nice!

Greg,

First off, welcome! :D

I appreciate what you're trying to do. But alas, I feel it's not going to work. The stock navigation aids in FSX are quite out of date. Unless you can draw that information out of FSX directly somehow, I don't think you'll be able to find a list of ILS frequencies that is accurate.

For most of my flying, I go VFR. But for IFR flights, I always peruse the FSX map to make certain the navaids I'm using from real charts are still included in FSX. Quite often, I'll find communications and navaid frequencies that have changed or navaids that are either gone (especially NDBs) or nonexistent (i.e. weren't yet built when FSX was released).

Now, a list of updates and changes to navaids that is updated frequently? That would be really nice!

The stock navigation can be updated:

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Installer 9.22 is the one you need

The default GPS as mentioned will have them, but in your plane you won't have the default GPS. So if you have two monitors you can run Little NavMap on the second screen and in Little NavMap you can see the ILS' NDBs, VORs, etc.

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

Edited by CRJ_simpilot