help me!

dankim

Hello, good morning, I wanted to make an inquiry, does anyone know why when I try to pilot the lessons of the instructional center the following comes up?

The flight you are trying to download does not have an associated script file. The flight will load without the script.

In this case one continues, I can fly, but I do not receive instruction there is nothing in the breafing etc ... I appreciate your support

fsx1.png

Sounds like corrupt or missing files. Verify your game files!

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account

2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen

3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen

4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu

5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box

6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu

7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options

8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download

9. Restart Steam

10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options (i cant understand you this point)

8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download

9. Restart Steam

10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Now I understand the complete problem, download steam, but I already had my game before having the steam, I mean I didn't buy the game, so I can't verify the integrity of it, the only solution is to buy it, but this time in steam?

thank you!!!

Sorry, it was my mistake looking at your first screenshot making me think you had FSX-SE. You have the boxed version. Very sorry about that! How many discs do you have to install FSX? Do you have Acceleration? You may be looking at a "Repair" to fix your files.

I forgot that the Home page shows FSX Steam Edition for everyone now!

Sorry, it was my mistake looking at your first screenshot making me think you had FSX-SE. You have the boxed version. Very sorry about that! How many discs do you have to install FSX? Do you have Acceleration? You may be looking at a "Repair" to fix your files.

I forgot that the Home page shows FSX Steam Edition for everyone now!

Hi Charlie, dankim must have the Steam Edition after all. I have the boxed version with SP1 & SP2 and the Home page doesn't say Steam Edition in the title:

FSX.JPG

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks, Tim! I thought I was confused once, but I was confused! ;)

crap.JPG

I do believe his ICON says...Microsoft Flight Simulator S...... (STEAM)! There is an automatic update to fix this problem! You need to totally shut down FSX and Steam and shut down your computer and reboot. Steam will add any new updates.

Edited by mrzippy

Hi guys, I appreciate your interest in helping me, exactly that happens, I bought the boxed game, and no the steam version, I loaded it to the platform but look how it looks, I think when I first bought it it was played through game spy

if anyone knows how to update it outside of steam I really appreciate your helpfsx2.png

Edited by dankim

Everything in your screenshot says "Steam Edition". What do you mean that you bought the boxed version and loaded it to "THE PLATFORM"? What platform? Any FSX discs load to your /C: drive.

I'm just going to monitor this thread. My head just spun off of my shoulders!:confused:

you can buy steam edition as a download

but you can also buy steam edition on a disk.

https://www.gamesmen.com.au/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-edition

steam edition on a disk is still steam edition.

--------

The original disk edition of FSX is not for sale any more, and has not been for sale for years. Microsoft stopped selling that years ago.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you can buy steam edition as a download

but you can also buy steam edition on a disk.

https://www.gamesmen.com.au/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-edition

steam edition on a disk is still steam edition.

--------

The original disk edition of FSX is not for sale any more, and has not been for sale for years. Microsoft stopped selling that years ago.

Hi, il...long time no hear from! So this "boxed/disc" version of FSX Steam loads a Steam platform with no connection to Dovetail Steam, so no auto updates? How would a repair/update to the files be done???

Hi Guys if I may try to contribute something, I have FSX Gold boxed edition installed, and for some time now, when one goes to the "home" tab you get this screen (I have taken two screenshots of it because you need to scroll down to read the remainder of the message. Maybe our friend did follow these instructions and landed where he is now?

001.jpg

002.jpg

Just a possibility? seems that's the only possible way of getting your boxed FSX to have the "steam edition" label -as shown in his screenshot???

Best wishes.

Khalid

Edited by kalizzi

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]