FS GLOBAL Real World Weather not downloading.

ColR1948

This is the payware program I'm talking about not the FS9 weather download.

I bought FS Global Real Weather, as far as I know I have it setup right, it says in the instructions to have FS running with aircraft parked ready to go.

I have the latest Network Framework installed.

I set the various weather sliders in the program to how I want them.

I go to download the weather but the program in giving me this error, any ideas please?

weather error.jpg

Hi Mark, This is the first time mate.

Col.

Ok. Someone might be able to help you out if there is any possibility you made an error. I don't have it installed atm to check any possible mistakes that could be made, still using ASE. I think it's likely you did everything correct just hit a bad time to connect.

Mark Daniels

Hi Col, I just checked mine and it's connected and downloaded as normal, hopefully you had a temporary glitch earlier.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tim, No still no luck, I've tried a few times and once just now.

I downloaded an update too of 3 files, I backed up the originals like it told me but even with the new files nothing.

Just thinking do I need to do anything with FSUIPC, I have the full version?

Also I don't have that Network box ticked, has that anything to do with it as well?

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Hi Col, my version is 1.7 Build #046.

You don't have to do anything with FSUIPC to get FSGRW working, is yours downloading but not connecting to FS2004, or not downloading at all?

I don't have the Network box ticked, that's for connecting to other PC's such as in a home cockpit setup.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I just turned off my firewall but still no joy.

@Tim, it isn't downloading anything but how do I tell if it is connecting to FS2004?

Also I have FS2004 and FSGRW both on my D: drive does that make a difference, it did say I could choose where I installed it?

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Hi Col, it'll be fine on drive D. When you launch FSGRW you have to select one of the options manually to start downloading, or you can set up the .exe file to Autostart if you follow the Autostart instructions in the manual. You may need the weather stations for FS2004 and Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 from the FSGRW site here: https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=253b8b5c-0a91-4935-8d01-b3c70aee6034&pageid=b769000e-6101-4815-9eea-b19eeedde129

Hi Tim, I uninstalled it and re-installed and now it is working I hope.

I managed to download the weather and got a green bar at the top of the screen which flashed off quick so was too late to read it, the sky is almost clear with very few clouds, I've just started the flight so I'll see how it goes.

Hope it works OK it cost enough me being on a pension and all.

Thanks for your help too by the way.

Col.

Hi Col, if this happens with FS2004 running then it could be an FSUIPC connection issue. Have you tried closing FSGRW and FS2004, then relaunching FS2004 and starting a flight before launching FSGRW?

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Hi Tim, Yes tried it but in the end I re-installed again and it worked, hope i don't have to keep doing this, I have a copy of Active Sky somewhere on disk I'm half wishing I should have put that on.

Also when I load FS it asks for what weather, so I was wondering if that has any effect as well, I know this program supposed to over ride the FS but I was just wondering.

Col.

Hi Col, yes it gives you an option to download static or dynamic weather data, unless you set up the Autostart command as I mentioned earlier. I've set mine to Autostart with a dynamic weather download and then minimise itself to the system tray.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Hi Tim, I did as you suggested and activated the autostart command.

It worked fine thank you, also I noticed in the manual it mentions to clear all weather in FSUIPC, which I also did as well.

Now when I started the sim, I got clear skies just like it is at the moment, so I'm thinking that is right, then after a few minutes it changed to a hazy sky and hardly any viability, once I got above 1000ft I could hardly see the ground.

I let it run for a while but no change, I now think this has something to do with the weather settings in the sim, which I set a while ago to have a hazy sky.

So now I'm going to clear the weather in the sim and see if it makes a difference.

FSUIPC Settings.jpg

Great news Col, glad you're up and running! I have set my FS weather settings visibility to 30 miles, and done the same in FSUIPC just in case, because that's about as far as I can see on a clear day from the top of the Pennines near where I live, at around 1200ft ASL.

@Tim, OK I set clear sky in the sim, cleared weather in FSUIPC, then activated the Autostart.

Weather in the sim is clear skies as it is here in real life, I took a few screenshots as the aircraft was climbing, do you think that looks right?

9000Ft

9000ft.jpg

15000Ft

15000ft.jpg

16000Ft at cruise.

16000ft.jpg

After a few more miles and started to descend, it changed a bit from the first pic, this is at 9000Ft again and you can see more of the ground.

9000ft.jpg

On the ground now and as you see the weather had changed slightly to match the destination.

weather on the ground.jpg

Edited by ColR1948

Yep, that's spot on!

No problem Col, it's just typical that Manchester gets it's first sunny day this year when you're testing a new weather program! :cool: