poko

A short flight from Stewart SPB (CAC9) to Kincolith SPB (CBA3) at the mouth of the Nass Bay, in a Lionheart Creations Fairchild 24.

Quick edit: I forgot to mention this is not the "default" canoe that comes with the Fairchild, I tweaked the .dds a little so it looks like I could afford an *upgraded* model!

When flying a canoe in FSX please ensure it is properly strapped down:

stewart_spb001.jpg

Taking off from Stewart:

stewart_spb002.jpg

stewart_spb003.jpg

stewart_spb004.jpg

Checking out the glacier!:

stewart_spb005.jpg

Destination just around the bend ahead:

stewart_spb006.jpg

the bend:

stewart_spb007.jpg

Arriving at Kincolith:

stewart_spb008.jpg

At the dock:

stewart_spb009.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

Gary

Edited by poko

Gary - Very nice presentation! Great aircraft and the scenery is superb!

Rick :cool:

Thank you Rick! The Fairchild is my go to plane for leisure flying! And the scenery is to many Orbx products than I can recall!

Great post Gary, pics are all outstanding! :cool::cool::cool: Will you stay away from Amsterdam with that canoe! :mad:

Thank you Jan!

Hey Gary,

That fancy canoe is truly over the top!! Great scenery as well!! And like you, I don't even want to know how much ORBX scenery I've bought over the years!!

BTW: Jan, that canoe might be considered an essential when you attempt to fly over the water!! ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hey Gary,

That fancy canoe is truly over the top!! Great scenery as well!! And like you, I don't even want to know how much ORBX scenery I've bought over the years!!

BTW: Jan, that canoe might be considered an essential when you attempt to fly over the water!! ;)

Michael

Thank you Michael! When it comes to the Orbx scenery my biggest gripe is when I fly out of an Orbx region and start hitting the default scenery, mind you the "Global" products have even softened that blow.

Yeah, but not through my roof! :mad:

But I'm pretty sure I've strapped it down properly Jan...... I think :):rolleyes:

Fantastic!

With that combo, it'd take bad weather to ever come back! Looks great!

Thank you Macroburst! My excuse when the weather gets back is that I can't fly with in it with a canoe so I have to stay out :cool:

Gary

Edited by poko

Lovely screenshots, Gary. Well done.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lovely screenshots, Gary. Well done.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Very nice pics. of that flight. I like the canoe too. :cool: :cool:

These are super shots!!!!!! Enjoyed the flight and screenshots!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Khalid, Larry, and Lifejogger! I appreciate the kind words.

Gary

Never mess with a von Peerhoven! I invested some money:

ROFLMAO!

Think Joe Pesci in the movie Home Alone when you read this next line:

Jan, what are you doing?

If you fire that thing there will be little pieces of that canoe on every roof in the Netherlands!

There was no "read me" with the gun (was a real bargain) , so I'm a little worried about the outcome when I fire it. Can you make some low and slow passes please? :) Thanks! Edit: perhaps you better wear a parachute...
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First I thought, "Hey! Canoes can't fly!" Then you proved me wrong. :p

A great choice of planes and some very nice scenery. Whatever floats (or flies) your boat. :) -- Bob

p.s. Don't worry about that Dutch guy, he's all bark and no bite. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

First I thought, "Hey! Canoes can't fly!" Then you proved me wrong. :p

A great choice of planes and some very nice scenery. Whatever floats (or flies) your boat. :) -- Bob

p.s. Don't worry about that Dutch guy, he's all bark and no bite. :D

Thank you Azzaro!

Oh! And the Dutch guy? I just picture him in big pink glasses and he's not so scary;)

Awesome for vacation time! You can get into the small areas for some good fishing :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh! And the Dutch guy? I just picture him in big pink glasses and he's not so scary;)

Hey Jan! Have you seen that next gen! :)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

I can't believe it! One little post on Flightsim and the canoe business is booming!

stewart_spb010.jpg

After posting yesterday I left Kincolith and headed for Pender Harbour (CAG8), by the time

I arrived there word had flown there faster than I had! They were lined up like a horde of mindless zombies

hoping to fly with "the canoe"

stewart_spb012.jpg

Word of "the canoe" had even reached the Kayakers who couldn't resist sneaking a peek!

stewart_spb011.jpg

:)Gary

Liking the aircraft and canoe! Oh, oh....joke time: Three guys hiking in the Canadian wilderness send a message back to base camp "Need 3 punts and a canoe" The basecamp messages back "Women on the way, but what the hell is a panoe?"

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Liking the aircraft and canoe! Oh, oh....joke time: Three guys hiking in the Canadian wilderness send a message back to base camp "Need 3 punts and a canoe" The basecamp messages back "Women on the way, but what the hell is a panoe?"

You have to be a cunning linguist to beat autocorrect. :rolleyes: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10