Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No ai traffic, Traffic Global

1. Angry No ai traffic, Traffic Global

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has traffic global from just flight and fsx steam edition. If someone does, could you be so kind and tell me how you installed the software into fsx steam edition. Because I have been having trouble with it and I haven’t been able to see any traffic in the simulator.

Thanks

Blog Entries

I don't have your particular software, but there are two essentials that apply to all AI traffic. Your AI flightplans must be in a valid, and active scenery folder - the default ai traffic files are in Scenery\world\scenery. Your AI aircraft (to be used in the flights) have to be in a folder that the sim knows to access; this can be any of the default simobject folders or a new one that is added to the FSX.cfg file. Additionally, no FSX AI traffic will appear if there is ANY existing FS9 scenery active in the sim; FS9 traffic files must be converted to FSX-type for all to be used together.

You should be able to find the aircraft and the traffic files after the install and insure that they are in valid folders and not disabled for some reason... for example, traffic files can be in new scenery folders that are not yet activated in the scenery library - they don't have to be in the default location.

Loyd
    Hooked since FS4... now flying:
    self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;
    quiet, fast and cool running.
    Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;
    Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games
    A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Hi,

I had the same problem after installing Traffic Global, I generated the
    flight plan and tested, net result no traffic. I checked that there was a
    flight plan in,\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery
    and found it was there as TG_GA_AI.bgl, but still no traffic in traffic viewer.

I checked the install and it is all in the correct place, but having read the docs
    again, it states that the AI traffic fleet will be installed in the following location,
    C:\Users\yourname\Documents\TrafficGlobal\TrafficGlobalFleet so that it
    will be available for any other sims installed on your PC

So instead of mucking around trying to get it to work, I just took the easy route
    and copied the AI fleet to C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes
    and it now works fine, I know its not correct, but it works for me

I am using Windows 10 64bit, don't know whether that makes a difference

cheers

4. Default

Is traffic global post to be running while playing fsx steam

Blog Entries

I put all my ai objects in an extra new folder in SimObjects, then add that folder to the list in fsx.cfg; like so

SimObjects
    -AI_aircraft-boats,---- new folder just for AI
    -airplanes
    -boats
    -etc

in fsx.cfg:
    [Main]
    User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
    SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
    SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
    SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
    SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
    SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
    SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
    SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI_aircraft-boats<--this entry tells FSX to also look here
    SimObjectPaths.7=S:\Addon_Aircraft

just adding them to the airplanes, or even MISC, is ok... I just like to keep things where they will be easier to find later...

Loyd

6. Default

Could you tell me how to do that with traffic global

Blog Entries

Did you see what HPR7 said about his install of Traffic Global - using Windows Explorer, you have to make sure that the airplanes actually did install somewhere; he found his had been installed into C:\Users\yourname\Documents\TrafficGlobal\TrafficGlobalFleet. Your GlobalTraffic airplanes may be in a similar folder. You can certainly use the Search feature of windows to try to locate "TrafficGlobal". While he just copied his Global traffic also into his Aircraft folder (this is simple but clutters up the default folder), I prefer to create a new folder for ALL AI airplanes alongside in the SimObjects. FSX will not know about this new folder until you EDIT the FSX.CFG file to include this new folder into the list of airplane locations.

Editing the FSX.cfg file. FIRST: always make a backup of any file you are going to edit. You may have dodge the Windows UAC (User Access Control) problem by MOVING the fsx.cfg out to the desktop and editing it there, then moving it back to its default location.

If you don't know where your fsx.cfg folder is, you will have to search again to find it - FSX.cfg is usually in some folder equivalent to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

If you want to simplify improving your FSX, you should have easy and quick access to ALL the files that refer to FSX. The best approach, I think, is to take time to find all of them and make shortcuts on your desktop (or inside a folder on your desktop). My short cuts are in a folder for neatness and space conservation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shortcut_folder.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	274.9 KB 
ID:	215241

once you have found your FSX.cfg and made a backup copy, open the file with Notepad or Notepad++ (recommended free download) and add a line to the [main] section of the file to tell FSX where the AI airplanes can be found (illustrated in a previous post)... if the Global installer did not add a line itself already, then that could be the problem! I can't tell you what the line needs to say - that will depend on where you find the Global aircraft or the name and location of the new folder if you go that route. But one thing is a big help if you've never noticed it: looking at files in the 'detail' view is a lot more useful than viewing icons; but the main thing is clicking the address bar above will give you a concise and exact path to the folder that you are looking at and the address can be copied and pasted elsewhere easily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	address_bar.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	261.9 KB 
ID:	215242

good luck
    Loyd

8. Default

I do get a error when running the traffic global setup wizard that says unable to add aircraft fleet to fsx.cfg. But the thing is I don’t I have fsx, I have fsx steam.

Hi llivaudais

Ref what you explained with the new folder for AI, I had never thought of that, it is so
    simple, I gave it go, and it works fine, and as you say it saves cluttering up the aircraft
    folder, many thanks for that info, every day is a learning day I guess

I put all my ai objects in an extra new folder in SimObjects, then add that folder to the list in fsx.cfg; like so,
    SimObjects
    -AI_aircraft-boats,---- new folder just for AI
    -airplanes
    -boats
    -etc
    many thanks

Richard

Blog Entries

You're welcome, of course, Richard... These forums are one of the first things I read every morning; I learn something new almost every day. Still.

I've been with FS since version 4 and have seen, done, and heard about a lot of things people do to their sims. One of the things that baffles me is how many people will go through repair attempts and reinstalls before finding help here. By the same token, I guess I was the same before I found this site back in '05; going it alone from FS4 to FS9. I've certainly made my share of mistakes and bad choices.

I've learned only relatively recently how to start using all of the Views past the default four. I'm terrified of the amount that would be lost from failures of drives in the 1G - 4G size so I use multiple drives in the 500G range. I found that having aircraft and scenery spread across several drives causes no issues. I just finished formatting and file moving to have my most commonly used aircraft and scenery on a single drive shared across 4 sims and two OS's: I use FSX and P3d 2.5 on Windows 7 and FSX-SE and P3d v3.4 in a Win10 environment on a single dual-boot box... they all use the same add-on aircraft and scenery; so far it works perfectly well and I don't need 4 copies of everything.

It's been a very interesting couple of decades in the skies with Flight Simulator. I'm seriously looking forward to the 2020 version. I hope it will be as good as the hype suggests...at the very least, I'll be able to quit making my own photoscenery. And there will be 15,000 new airports to discover!

Loyd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast