No ai traffic, Traffic Global

Cjet123

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has traffic global from just flight and fsx steam edition. If someone does, could you be so kind and tell me how you installed the software into fsx steam edition. Because I have been having trouble with it and I haven’t been able to see any traffic in the simulator.

Thanks

I don't have your particular software, but there are two essentials that apply to all AI traffic. Your AI flightplans must be in a valid, and active scenery folder - the default ai traffic files are in Scenery\world\scenery. Your AI aircraft (to be used in the flights) have to be in a folder that the sim knows to access; this can be any of the default simobject folders or a new one that is added to the FSX.cfg file. Additionally, no FSX AI traffic will appear if there is ANY existing FS9 scenery active in the sim; FS9 traffic files must be converted to FSX-type for all to be used together.

You should be able to find the aircraft and the traffic files after the install and insure that they are in valid folders and not disabled for some reason... for example, traffic files can be in new scenery folders that are not yet activated in the scenery library - they don't have to be in the default location.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Hi,

I had the same problem after installing Traffic Global, I generated the

flight plan and tested, net result no traffic:mad:. I checked that there was a

flight plan in,\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery

and found it was there as TG_GA_AI.bgl, but still no traffic in traffic viewer.

I checked the install and it is all in the correct place, but having read the docs

again, it states that the AI traffic fleet will be installed in the following location,

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\TrafficGlobal\TrafficGlobalFleet so that it

will be available for any other sims installed on your PC :(

So instead of mucking around trying to get it to work, I just took the easy route

and copied the AI fleet to C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes

and it now works fine, I know its not correct, but it works for me;)

I am using Windows 10 64bit, don't know whether that makes a difference

cheers

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

I put all my ai objects in an extra new folder in SimObjects, then add that folder to the list in fsx.cfg; like so

SimObjects

-AI_aircraft-boats,---- new folder just for AI

-airplanes

-boats

-etc

in fsx.cfg:

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI_aircraft-boats

SimObjectPaths.7=S:\Addon_Aircraft

just adding them to the airplanes, or even MISC, is ok... I just like to keep things where they will be easier to find later...

Loyd

Did you see what HPR7 said about his install of Traffic Global - using Windows Explorer, you have to make sure that the airplanes actually did install somewhere; he found his had been installed into C:\Users\yourname\Documents\TrafficGlobal\TrafficGlobalFleet. Your GlobalTraffic airplanes may be in a similar folder. You can certainly use the Search feature of windows to try to locate "TrafficGlobal". While he just copied his Global traffic also into his Aircraft folder (this is simple but clutters up the default folder), I prefer to create a new folder for ALL AI airplanes alongside in the SimObjects. FSX will not know about this new folder until you EDIT the FSX.CFG file to include this new folder into the list of airplane locations.

Editing the FSX.cfg file. FIRST: always make a backup of any file you are going to edit. You may have dodge the Windows UAC (User Access Control) problem by MOVING the fsx.cfg out to the desktop and editing it there, then moving it back to its default location.

If you don't know where your fsx.cfg folder is, you will have to search again to find it - FSX.cfg is usually in some folder equivalent to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

If you want to simplify improving your FSX, you should have easy and quick access to ALL the files that refer to FSX. The best approach, I think, is to take time to find all of them and make shortcuts on your desktop (or inside a folder on your desktop). My short cuts are in a folder for neatness and space conservation.

shortcut_folder.jpg

once you have found your FSX.cfg and made a backup copy, open the file with Notepad or Notepad++ (recommended free download) and add a line to the [main] section of the file to tell FSX where the AI airplanes can be found (illustrated in a previous post)... if the Global installer did not add a line itself already, then that could be the problem! I can't tell you what the line needs to say - that will depend on where you find the Global aircraft or the name and location of the new folder if you go that route. But one thing is a big help if you've never noticed it: looking at files in the 'detail' view is a lot more useful than viewing icons; but the main thing is clicking the address bar above will give you a concise and exact path to the folder that you are looking at and the address can be copied and pasted elsewhere easily.

address_bar.jpg

good luck

Loyd

Hi llivaudais

Ref what you explained with the new folder for AI, I had never thought of that, it is so

simple, I gave it go, and it works fine, and as you say it saves cluttering up the aircraft

folder, many thanks for that info, every day is a learning day I guess;)

I put all my ai objects in an extra new folder in SimObjects, then add that folder to the list in fsx.cfg; like so,

SimObjects

-AI_aircraft-boats,---- new folder just for AI

-airplanes

-boats

-etc

many thanks

Richard

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

You're welcome, of course, Richard... These forums are one of the first things I read every morning; I learn something new almost every day. Still.

I've been with FS since version 4 and have seen, done, and heard about a lot of things people do to their sims. One of the things that baffles me is how many people will go through repair attempts and reinstalls before finding help here. By the same token, I guess I was the same before I found this site back in '05; going it alone from FS4 to FS9. I've certainly made my share of mistakes and bad choices.

I've learned only relatively recently how to start using all of the Views past the default four. I'm terrified of the amount that would be lost from failures of drives in the 1G - 4G size so I use multiple drives in the 500G range. I found that having aircraft and scenery spread across several drives causes no issues. I just finished formatting and file moving to have my most commonly used aircraft and scenery on a single drive shared across 4 sims and two OS's: I use FSX and P3d 2.5 on Windows 7 and FSX-SE and P3d v3.4 in a Win10 environment on a single dual-boot box... they all use the same add-on aircraft and scenery; so far it works perfectly well and I don't need 4 copies of everything.

It's been a very interesting couple of decades in the skies with Flight Simulator. I'm seriously looking forward to the 2020 version. I hope it will be as good as the hype suggests...at the very least, I'll be able to quit making my own photoscenery. And there will be 15,000 new airports to discover!

Loyd

Cjet, sorry I missed your remark about the error writing to fsx.cfg...

If you ONLY have fsx-se, I think it just shows up as FSX. I had the disk version so my steam fsx files are in C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE. I have fsx.cfg for the disk version in

C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. You are going to have one or the other and you're going to have to edit it yourself.

Step 1: find fsx.cfg

Step 2: find the airplanes; if they don't exist, you may have to reinstall the software.

Step 3: get the path to the airplanes (use the address bar trick I mentioned earlier)

Step 4: make a backup of fsx.cfg

Step 5: add the line in the [main] section that provides the path to the new aircraft

Step 6: Save changes, start FSX, set traffic to 50-100% and observe; new aircraft, hopefully

we're gonna get this thing done. Worst case, we use TeamViewer for remote control and get it done that way. Our group has several 'older gentlemen' who need this kind of help occasionally. No big deal.

Loyd

ps: I'm not the oldest but I'm not far behind....

the location, yes.

Have you actually seen where the aircraft are; did they actually install?

It doesn't matter WHERE they are, you just have to tell the sim where that location is, via the FSX.cfg.

L

Edited by llivaudais

Hi Cjet123,

Just want to check a few things,

Did you download and install the latest version of Traffic Global, that is version

TrafficGlobal_EarlyAccess_1.1.1.2.exe. The version number is displayed

in the lower left hand corner of the main Traffic Global screen.

If you open up your Traffic Global programme, do you see the FSX and FSX-SE

boxes checked as in the first image below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215270[/ATTACH]

Do you also see the AI fleet as in the second image below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215271[/ATTACH]

Did you compile the flight plans as the manual explains, and if so, have you found

the TG_GA_AI.bgl in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery

I worry that if you cannot see any or all of the above, you may need to re-install

the programme, given the other replies, I can't think what else to do:confused:

As I have said, I run Windows 10 64 bit, and have never had any problems with

FS9, FSX or FSX-SE or any add ons, I run ORBX, Active Sky 2016, Rex Soft Clouds,

Radar Contact, Traffic Global and a whole host of payware and freeware aircraft and

scenery, some of which is networked from another PC, and never had a problem that

wasn't operator induced:rolleyes:

hope this helps

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
This was a problem with Traffic360 too - it often occurrred when the 'compile flighplans' wasnt completed. Justflight forgot to mention this small step in there instructions.

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

https://community.justflight.com/topic/709/no-traffic-in-fsx-steam

Get back on to Justflight they have a good support forum and email

Edited by pomak249

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

• 10 months later...
Hi. I've just purchase Global Traffic FSX/ P3D. Would it be possible to install the app in FSX without the P3D? I'm using FSX Acceleration only.

Yes. The product is developed for both FSX and P3D BUT you don't need to own both sims or to have both installed for it to work. In fact, if you own both, you can only legally have one active instance of it installed at any one time - installed in either FSX OR P3D but not both sims at the same time.

FYI the Just Flight installer will either ask you to chose which product you have OR, on some of its installers, it will auto detect what sim is installed....

Regards

Brian

• 8 months later...
Yeah guys I have tried everything you have suggested and nothing seems to be working.

Hi just a thought! Have you clicked the compile button at the bottom of the compile traffic screen? Mine was hidden until i reduced the ribbon at the top (right click and choose reduce).

The compiler appears to be running by clicking the big button at the top when it actually isnt doing anything.

Found this out myself!!

Also although my cargo traffic showed 0-0 it had actually produced a traffic-cargo.bgl in my world/scenery folder.

Im on FSX deluxe boxed btw but should be roughly the same info

Mick

• 3 months later...

I am having the same problem. 2 days ago I downloaded Traffic Global after getting discouraged with WOAI (No recent repaints). I did a lot of research on the different AI programs and even read this thread before going ahead with TG. First: I have a Dell XPS Desktop, Windows 10 64 bit, and I also have FSX Deluxe Boxed. Now; after reading, I was convinced I was ready to install TG, so I did, with all the suggestions on here followed. I started TG program, and followed all the set-up instructions on it. After finishing all of that I did a Compile (took a long time) even did a diagnostic scan and disabled the incompatable .bgl files. I checked my fsx.cfg and it had added the path for my ai aircraft in it's own folder under SimObjects. Also, I can see them in my folder "AI Aircraft" that I made. Feeling very confident, I restarted by computer (just to make sure all the changes "took", started FSX and had NO AI planes in Denver airport. Well, Crap! I rechecked everything, changed to LAX, and still didn't have anything.

So... I uninstalled, and re-installed using all of the default settings TG recommends. Went through the whole setup proceedure again, and still don't have anything. Does anyone have some new suggestions before I go through the email to Just Flight Support?

Dell XPS 8700 -win 10 - 16 gb DDR3 ram - NVIDIA GeForce 750 ti - Saitek X52 - FSX Deluxe w/acceleration

WoAI is, as you found out, hopelessly out of date now.

But why didn't you go to AIG instead:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php

You have to register, and also you have to do some work, but it's worth the effort, and does not cost anything.

Another flight plan site is here:

https://aitraffic.ch/index.php

I am not trying to put Traffic Global down, but why use payware when freeware is available?

Jorgen