UK2000 and Aerosoft Heathrow EXTD FPS issues

HornetAircraft

hello. I am testing both UK200s Heathrow and Aerosoft Heathrow 2014 to find which to purchase. however, both sceneries have very heavy FPS impacts. I have a powerful PC and can run FS9 upwards of 80fps but it stays at 60fps almost all the time. however when in heathrow, I noticed my FPS only hit 25-30 with the default cessna and fair weather. i've not had this at any other airport, and I can't seem to find the root cause of this immense loss of FPS. has anyone had this problem before?

I7 2600k @ 3.4ghz

GTX1050ti

8gbs DDR3 ram

I can't comment on the UK2000 version.

The Aerosoft version does require serious computer power especially if you run HD textures. Let's see if anyone else comes up with a magical solution but I think the results you are getting with your system appear to be around what I would expect "normal" for the Aerosoft version.

Mark Daniels

Ok. I'll play around with the settings. I'll most likely buy the aerosoft version since its newer.

And I had a friend who owned both versions but moved to P3D just recently and have gave me the keys to both to try. He was limited to FS9 even though he hated it, so once he had his chance he switched to P3D and never looked back. He let's me test his addons before buying them (cause we should support the dev's) to find issues like the one I'm facing. It would he a shame to spend almost 40 dollars on two airports to test and not be able to get a refund for the version I decide against. Odd logic yes but with a tight budget I cant afford to go spend money recklessly before knowing that a certain addon will work without problem. I've lent him some of my addons as well to test, and after the trial period hed go out and buy the product. It works out well for him, I, and the dev's. Some are kind enough to offer free versions, namely drazweski (spelled wrong) who do a great job of this. Wish other devs did the same.

I found the issue with the Aerosoft version. By using both HD ground and buildings, the HD ground killed my fps. I've disabled it and my fps are back. as for the version, I've opted for the Aerosoft version (newer) and i'm picking it up for 25% off with their sale! thanks for your help!

I found the issue with the Aerosoft version. By using both HD ground and buildings, the HD ground killed my fps. I've disabled it and my fps are back. as for the version, I've opted for the Aerosoft version (newer) and i'm picking it up for 25% off with their sale! thanks for your help!

Yeah, that's around my estimation. Others can use the below as a guide.

I mentioned the HD textures in my last post. They are tough on fps and you are looking at a 3.5GHz CPU to run them at around 25-30fps. If people are running HD clouds textures in their FS9 as well, you likely may need closer to a 4GHz CPU. The standard Aerosoft version without HD textures should give 25-30fps with around a 2.8GHz CPU.

Mark Daniels

will do. it may be a little while so I'll create a new thread with before and after.

Great. It would be good to know. I don't think there is any more system intensive airport add-on when you run with HD textures. Turn all other settings in FS9 to max, a quality aircraft and HD clouds and I think you will need all of a 4GHz CPU. Then you can run everything FS9 has to offer.

I will never understand why people run FSX. Yes, maybe in another 10-15 years CPU's may be good enough for FSX. The new MSFS, that will be the $$$ sim and I really question the return on the investment.

I'm planning FS9 for a very long time to come.

Mark Daniels