Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Flight Sim 2020

Nothing apart from being obsolete, end of life, driver issues, security issues, no support and, being 19 years old, obviously is not optimized for new hardware.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Nothing apart from being obsolete, end of life, driver issues, security issues, no support and, being 19 years old, obviously is not optimized for new hardware.
    When the "Win 10 has killed my FS9" threads appear I won't need to take part. haha
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    When the "Win 10 has killed my FS9" threads appear I won't need to take part. haha
    If all you use your computer for is FS2004, then sure, Windows XP is fine. However...if you do any sort of banking, or work with sensitive material, or want to play the latest games, then you're out of luck.

You'll also find that obtaining drivers for new hardware harder and harder to find (even some processors have a minimum OS requirement)...but like I said; if you have an ageing computer, and FS2004 is your primary sim, Windows XP can serve you well.
    X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by W33 View Post
    If all you use your computer for is FS2004, then sure, Windows XP is fine. However...if you do any sort of banking, or work with sensitive material, or want to play the latest games, then you're out of luck.

You'll also find that obtaining drivers for new hardware harder and harder to find (even some processors have a minimum OS requirement)...but like I said; if you have an ageing computer, and FS2004 is your primary sim, Windows XP can serve you well.
    No, it's not my only PC. I have a Win 10 PC. For the first time in my life since leaving Win 7 and going to Win 10, it is no longer possible to run everything from one PC.
    There are issues with almost everything that is not current in Win 10, everything is a headache. There are fixes and workarounds for some things, others simply remain broken and don't work. The list of broken things in Win 10 will only keep increasing. One day it'll swallow up FS9.
    Mark Daniels

No, it's not my only PC. I have a Win 10 PC. For the first time in my life since leaving Win 7 and going to Win 10, it is no longer possible to run everything from one PC.
    There are issues with almost everything that is not current in Win 10, everything is a headache. There are fixes and workarounds for some things, others simply remain broken and don't work. The list of broken things in Win 10 will only keep increasing. One day it'll swallow up FS9.
    Hi Mark,

Totally agree with you on that one.

Having multiple computers with different operating systems is probably the best way to go (not expensive either).

From a workflow perspective I do prefer Windows 10 and OSX...but when I want to enjoy some vintage gaming, I'll power up the old Dell with Windows XP :-)

W33
    X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

Hi, can you tell us what issues & not working things you are having?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Hi, can you tell us what issues & not working things you are having?
    For what software? I’d like to run my PGA 2000 on Win 10 but an update killed it.
    If you want a simple one for FS9, go use FS Recorder with FS9 in full screen mode and try and use the control window. You can do it any other OS no probs.

8. Default

Oh, Links 2000, I’d love to run it on Win 10! Can run it everything else From Win 95 to Win 7 but Win 10 broke it.
    Tell me how many you want? Haha

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by W33 View Post
    Hi Mark,

Totally agree with you on that one.

Having multiple computers with different operating systems is probably the best way to go (not expensive either).

From a workflow perspective I do prefer Windows 10 and OSX...but when I want to enjoy some vintage gaming, I'll power up the old Dell with Windows XP :-)

W33
    Yeah, 2 PC setup works well. XP is my fav OS so it’s fun to still be using it.

My W7 machine with SP1 only, zero updates for a few years now, works as smooth as a baby’s bum. Every bit as smooth as my wife’s W10 lappy.
    Microsoft Word seems to load the same on both. Micro seconds difference.

Not bad for an ‘obsolete’ OS.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast