Hardware requirements

Hopefully this will give you a bit more info, It would appear that older systems will be able to run it but may lack some of the graphics a newer (and more expensive!) computer with all of the latest cpu's, graphic cards and memory will.

Regards,

Phil

Let me move from theory to practice.

I am considering 2 possible notebooks. I will use them for my busoness but I'd like to use FS2020 as well.

One notebook is equipped with NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated), the other one with Intel® Iris® Plus.

Based on the experiencre wirt current flight simulatora and the few available informazion about FS2020, can I presume I'll be able tu run FS2020 on the both notebooks?

Should I presume that the notebook with the NVIDIA GPU will perform far better than the other?

Regards

marius

Will they run the sim? Most likely. Will the GeForce be faster than the Intel GPU? Yes. However, again, it is far too early to really know how well the final version will run on any hardware. As it is still in the alpha stage, there will be plenty of bugs, features not yet implemented, other features that may not make the final cut and optimizations and improvements to be made. If you want to get the best system you can for the new sim, you should wait until it has been released and reviewed. On the other hand, if you need a new machine now for other reasons, get the fastest one you can and hope for the best for the sim.

If I understand things, it seems the bandwidth of the connection is as important as the hardware in the PC...if you know differently, please clear it up for me. And where does XBox come in, see some references to a potential special version for it...?

Let me move from theory to practice.

I am considering 2 possible notebooks. I will use them for my busoness but I'd like to use FS2020 as well.

One notebook is equipped with NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated), the other one with Intel® Iris® Plus.

Based on the experiencre wirt current flight simulatora and the few available informazion about FS2020, can I presume I'll be able tu run FS2020 on the both notebooks?

Should I presume that the notebook with the NVIDIA GPU will perform far better than the other?

Regards

marius

Forgive me and please excuse my bluntness but I think you need to trim your expectations. You are dreaming if you think a notebook with an MX250 will run Flight Simulator. Honestly, It just ain't gonna happen. Not even close. Unless 5 FPS and miserable graphics are your thing and in that case why not just run flight sim from 20+ years ago? The latest Flight Sim is not what notebooks are designed for or what they should be asked to do and an MX250 is weak and again, really was not designed for this kind of work.

If you want to run this program and run it well I believe you will want to be considering a decent PC build or a very expensive laptop and I reckon a PC with a high core, high clock speed CPU and good graphics card will be the way to go but would hold out until we know for sure what we will be dealing with in terms of how this thing will run.

I don't believe much will change in terms of hardware requirements in that you will want powerful stuff. I have suspicions that there will be real use of more cores than previous flight sims and more use of good graphics cards and the sim will be more "balanced" in this regard but will still need strong hardware. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

This sim may turn out to not require the best of the best hardware money can buy if you want to run it with stock planes etc but make no mistake, it will be the most advanced sim to date and will require more powerful hardware than we have ever used before. Be under no illusions and suffer no disappointment. If you are serious about wanting to enjoy this sim, start saving your pounds, dollars and euros. I have.

Anyway, I hope that did not sound mean spirited. My intention was not that at all but only to be honest and helpful. There is nothing worse than looking forward to something only to be disappointed.

If I understand things, it seems the bandwidth of the connection is as important as the hardware in the PC...if you know differently, please clear it up for me. And where does XBox come in, see some references to a potential special version for it...?

To see the streamed scenery, yes, you will need a good internet connection. One Asobo developer indicated they were getting performance with 4 or 5 Mbps connection. For the best results they have indicated a 10 Mbps connection or better would be preferred.

Yes, it will be coming to the Xbox, though there aren’t any specific details at the moment beyond this. It may come to the current Xbox One, or it may require the upcoming Xbox Series X. Microsoft has said all first party titles will be coming to both for a little while yet, though, again, there really aren’t any details about the console version yet.