Shockwave 3D Lights Redux

Horacios

Hi there,

I have a question over the Shockwave 3D Lights, these lights are really nice and look much more realistic! I want to use this system in a A330 from CLS Simulations, to fit these lights on a airplane is a lot of work (mostly, trial an error!) after 3 hours, I got the tail light and Strove lights exactly in the right place!! then I went to make a short flight from Los Rodeos Tenerife to La Palma, A very short flight!! after the landing( wich was very good!) I did a walkaround to enjoy the new lights in my A330, and when I look the tail light, it wasen't not in the right place!!!!!!

Can someone explain this extrange situation to me, I'll be very thankfull!! Then I went back to Los Rodeos, and once on the groud, the damn lights where in the right place again!!

Thanks in advance for help, I'm not new in Flight Simulation, I am busy with these hobby for about 30 years now!!

Thanks again!

Cub51

Hi there,

I have a question over the Shockwave 3D Lights, these lights are really nice and look much more realistic! I want to use this system in a A330 from CLS Simulations, to fit these lights on a airplane is a lot of work (mostly, trial an error!) after 3 hours, I got the tail light and Strove lights exactly in the right place!! then I went to make a short flight from Los Rodeos Tenerife to La Palma, A very short flight!! after the landing( wich was very good!) I did a walkaround to enjoy the new lights in my A330, and when I look the tail light, it wasen't not in the right place!!!!!!

Can someone explain this extrange situation to me, I'll be very thankfull!! Then I went back to Los Rodeos, and once on the groud, the damn lights where in the right place again!!

Thanks in advance for help, I'm not new in Flight Simulation, I am busy with these hobby for about 30 years now!!

Thanks again!

Cub51

Shockwave 3d lights are meant to be used as an alternative to .mdl mounted lights.

Hi Cub51,

Just having a little speculation on your issue, I also use A2A Redux Shockwave lights in FSX.

I have a Bell 206 Jetranger III that has similar tail beacon issues.

Are the lights out of position Left or right or only UP or Down.

I don't have the CLS A330, does the model have compressible landing gear.

When you experiment with the UP or Down position or initial placement of the light in the aircraft.cfg and reload the aircraft to check the positions are correct, could it be that the aircraft is Loaded with fuel and PAX and then during the flight this weight changes, thereby changing the positions as the aircraft gets lighter burning fuel, (Not by much, but noticeable). It is a long bow to draw I understand, but worth considering, as it is also important to know that the contact points dictate the relationship between aircraft landing gear/tire and fuselage above where the aircraft sits upon the tarmac without sinking, also for correct Terrain avoidance and landing systems above the Runway and Barometric setting.

You would expect by this reasoning that the lights would become detached as the aircraft position changes in flight but this is not so, they are fixed in place by the config numbers you gave them, they should not move.

Sounds like BS doesn't it:rolleyes:, but I couldn't find anything else on the subject, Even on the A2A Forum.

Hi Jethrom,

Thanks for your replay! (sorry, my english is not very good!) I fly the FSX system, my computer is Ok!

I-7 procesor etc. the problem is not up and down, but to the side, I place the light(tail light) exactly in the center of the tail cone, I fly 200 miles and land in another airport, and the light is off center, listen, is not big deal, but after 2 hours working to make it perfect! I get a little uneasy! if you know wat I mean, I sleep well at night!, is not the problem, but If I can make better, I wil be very happy!!

If you can help me, wil be welcome, but anyway I thank you for your time!!

Happy landings!

Cub51:)

There are 2 ready-made Shockwave lights sections for the CLS 330 200/300's here: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8704&start=30

They're in the fifth post down by "knowlesc"

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

There's also a automated tool in the library that looks in the Aircraft.cfg for default FSX lights and replaces them with the equivalent Shockwave light using the existing location parameters. Just be sure you have ShockWave Lights installed to begin with or you won't have any lights.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=75356126

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thanks dogdish! Unfortunately the link doesn't work, but I think this is the tool you found:

FSX - FSX Utilities

FSX A2A Shockwave 3D Lights Redux Aircraft CFG Installer V2

[ Download | View ]

Name: a2a_shockwave_3d_lights_redux_aircraft_cfg_installer_macro.zip

Size: 408,573 Date: 09-18-2018 Downloads: 285

FSX A2A Shockwave 3D Lights Redux Aircraft CFG Installer Version 2 - Improved light replacement! This is a macro to be used with Freeware Notepad++ to streamline the installation of your previously installed Payware A2A Shockwave 3D Lights Redux into any of your compatible aircraft. You simply open the Aircraft.cfg of your chosen aircraft, and do a single mouse click to install! This will save you HOURS and HOURS of repetitive typing. I have tested this on my ENTIRE Aircraft folder and also all aircraft of Just Flight Traffic 360 and Ultimate Traffic Live! I also have included information for a DELUXE macro that will cleanup and sort all Aircraft.cfg's of your ENTIRE Aircraft hangar. By Jack Pickett.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Your welcome and that's the file. I should know better to try to link to the library :o

If your adding Shockwave Lights to more than one aircraft, that tool works great. Saved me a lot of time.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro