Basler BT67 Keys

Ray Hff

Not that I can see.

Me, either! Also looking at the C-47 V2 and V 3.1406. The clincher for not seeing anything is this:

[Window04]

background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1,1

position=0

visible=1

nomenu=1

type=SPECIAL

ident=10002

gauge00=BT67!Keys, 0,0,1,1

Basically 1 pixel by 1 pixel. I may search to see if there was ever a question about this. Maybe best bet would be to PM Manfred and ask about it!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

[Window04]

background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1,1

position=0

visible=1

nomenu=1

type=SPECIAL

ident=10002

gauge00=BT67!Keys, 0,0,1,1

The lines "size_mm=1,1", "visible=1" and "type=SPECIAL" make me think it's a required background process, with no visuals whatsoever.

I would leave it as it is.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

The lines "size_mm=1,1", "visible=1" and "type=SPECIAL" make me think it's a required background process, with no visuals whatsoever.

I would leave it as it is.

Wim

+1 I would have to agree!

This what the xml file it calls looks like. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about FSX programming to tell what its doing.

54 (L:Fuel countdown:@1, enum) s0 0 > if{ l0 min } (>L:Fuel countdown:@1, enum)

(L:Fuel pump countdown:@1, enum) 0 == if{ 540 (>L:Fuel pump countdown:@1, enum) }

@Window_Keys (>K:PANEL_ID_OPEN)

(L:Electrical external power switch, bool) ! (>L:Electrical external power switch, bool)

(L:Event delay:@Event_AUTOFEATHER_ARM, enum) 0 == if{ (L:Panel auto feather switch, enum) 1 != (>L:Panel auto feather switch, enum) }

(L:Event delay:@Event_STRUCTURAL_DEICE, enum) 0 == if{ (L:Structural deice switch, bool) ! (>L:Structural deice switch, bool) }

@FuelPump_Update(1) @FuelPump_Update(2)

@Fuel_Update(1)

@Fuel_Update(2)

@Fuel_Update(1) @Fuel_Update(2)

(L:Brake failed, bool) ! (>L:Brake failed, bool)

18 (>L:Fuel manual pressure pump active, enum)

(A:Engine control select, mask) s0 1 & if{ (A:Eng failed:1, bool) if{ (>K:TOGGLE_ENGINE1_FAILURE) } 0 (>L:Sim aircraft crashed, bool) } l0 2 & if{ (A:Eng failed:2, bool) if{ (>K:TOGGLE_ENGINE2_FAILURE) } 0 (>L:Sim aircraft crashed, bool) }

It’s a bunch of “on event of this, do that” lines. So it must be running in the background, always.

I’m confident the programmer knew what he was doing.

Why not let this one go, and just fly the Basler?

Wim

Edited by f16jockey_2
b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

After all that's been said, it makes one curious as to why it's on a key.

My suspicion is that instead of making a pop-up panel with switches on it, Manfred chose this way to control those switches on the VC overhead.

Like I said, earlier, PM Manfred and ask.

I attempted email but, that is apparently an old inoperative address.

I've never sent a PM. How does one do that?

Go up to the top of your screen, click on Notification and choose Inbox. Select send Message, type in mjahn as the recipient, add a title and the rest is like typing in the posts, here!

Edited by Nels_Anderson

Or, you could just get another panel that 'fits' and then you won't be worrying about 'Shift+5' and what it does. This is a legitimate 'work around'. We have all done it at one time or another, for whatever reason(s). I myself don't like 'un-orthodox' panels, etc. KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid (my motto). Why worry. Do a work around.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Well Ray, I received three identical PMs from you. I had in fact read this thread here, and the answer that was given - to ignore the Shift-5/Keys panel - was perfectly correct, and the reasons for it, too. But I am happy to confirm it again.

These days I also use a Keys panel for my aircraft, but I usually move it to beyond the Shift-n range, and declare it as "nomenu", meaning that the user can neither see nor select it. It's still in the panel.cfg and the actual scripts can be looked at, as you have done. If you are absolutely curious what the scripts do and how they work you can check the SDK for variables and xml syntax or go to the FSDeveloper forum and read the tutorials there.

But, permit me, what you should not, under any circumstances, do is quote an explicit email address in a public and robot-infested forum, as unforunately you have done. Can you undo that please, by editing your message or asking a moderator to do it for you in case editing that message is no longer possible. Thank you.

--Manfred

Manfred,

Thank you for reponding.

Regarding the three PM's, it was the first time I ever used this feature and when none appeared in Messages Sent, I assumed it did not send. So, I tried again, twice. None ever appeared in Messages Sent.

I sincerely appreciate your time, effort and many contributions to flight simulation.

Since the noted email address appeared in the documentation of the Bassler, I assumed it was public. Note: just prior to this post, I have sent a message to the webmaster to have the address or the entire post erased.

Edited by Ray Hff