Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brake Message

Default Brake Message

How do you get rid of the brake message on FS9 start up

Rgds Steve H

OK, I will ask: what "brake message" is that, which I do not see when I start FS9?

Parking brake?? Or just plain "brake"?? All aircraft?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

4. Default

If you want to abbreviate or eliminate the message all together you have to edit the language.dll file in Resource Hacker. Or if you want the already modified language.dll file go to the library here and look for file abbreviatedmessages-fsx.zip

If you want, I can take a look at the language.dll and delete the brakes text altogether. That is if I can find the right entry.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

I've chosen to add a line to my fs9.cfg though I don't remember what it was, but it removed all red text from the sim completely.

Not sure we're talking about the same thing, but:

In the [SIM] section of FS9.cfg, add the following line:

show_brake_message=0

Cheers,
    Grae

I think I must have done something like that years ago because I seem to remember having the message but not anymore.

Col.

8. Default

Well that sounds a heck of a lot better than editing a DLL. Never knew you could do that in the .CFG. For me personally I like seeing the brake message. For one, it tells me the brakes are in fact working and two, I go through a check of my ailerons, flaps, rudder and brakes prior to take off so I need to see the message. I do this for two reasons: 1) To make sure my aircraft isn't messed up somehow and 2) to make sure my yoke and pedals are working as they should. Hate to get in the air and find out my flaps, brakes, etc don't work. In fact, they do this checklist in real life prior to departure. Though, the brake test I don't know about. There's no braking message in the FMC after all. LOL
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 01-23-2020 at 11:13 PM.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    If you want to abbreviate or eliminate the message all together you have to edit the language.dll file in Resource Hacker. Or if you want the already modified language.dll file go to the library here and look for file abbreviatedmessages-fsx.zip
    I would advise extreme care with using that. That file is described as for the English version of FSX only.

The OP isn't clear as to exactly what message he is receiving when he starts FS.

If it is just the brake message when the brake is applied, all that is needed is a simple edit to the FS9.cfg file.

Under [SIM], add:
    SHOW_BRAKE_MESSAGE=0

(as already given by "whitegn").

John

Bill Lyons released a FS9 "no brakes" modified language.dll with his G21 Grumman Goose package, look for it in the library.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast