Brake Message

jetset2

If you want to abbreviate or eliminate the message all together you have to edit the language.dll file in Resource Hacker. Or if you want the already modified language.dll file go to the library here and look for file abbreviatedmessages-fsx.zip

If you want, I can take a look at the language.dll and delete the brakes text altogether. That is if I can find the right entry.

Well that sounds a heck of a lot better than editing a DLL. Never knew you could do that in the .CFG. For me personally I like seeing the brake message. For one, it tells me the brakes are in fact working and two, I go through a check of my ailerons, flaps, rudder and brakes prior to take off so I need to see the message. I do this for two reasons: 1) To make sure my aircraft isn't messed up somehow and 2) to make sure my yoke and pedals are working as they should. Hate to get in the air and find out my flaps, brakes, etc don't work. In fact, they do this checklist in real life prior to departure. Though, the brake test I don't know about. There's no braking message in the FMC after all. LOL Edited by CRJ_simpilot

If you want to abbreviate or eliminate the message all together you have to edit the language.dll file in Resource Hacker. Or if you want the already modified language.dll file go to the library here and look for file abbreviatedmessages-fsx.zip

I would advise extreme care with using that. That file is described as for the English version of FSX only.

The OP isn't clear as to exactly what message he is receiving when he starts FS.

If it is just the brake message when the brake is applied, all that is needed is a simple edit to the FS9.cfg file.

Under [sIM], add:

SHOW_BRAKE_MESSAGE=0

(as already given by "whitegn").

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!