download BAW B747-400 v4 confused

liner simpilot

Hi Flt Simmers, I have downloaded 100's of aircrafts in the past. I have never come upon this before. I downloaded BAW Boeing 747-400 v4, I did what I usually do to install within Flt Sim 2004. Here are the procedures on what I did, in hopes to fix this. The 2nd image is what I installed, the third image is just showing the files. Also I looked all the way to bottom just in case, nothing.Thanks as usual

Kenny

zip file baw b747-400.jpg

inside zip file BAW B747-400.jpg

inside BAW b747-400.jpg

copy to dialog box.jpg

inside flight simulator 2004 aircraft.jpg

inside aircraft.jpg

Kenny, MrZippy shows his screen in FSX you are in FS9 is it an FSX aircraft, I haven't downloaded it so just asking?

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners FS2004/FSX British Airways Boeing 747-436

[ Download | View ]

Name: baw-747-g-civj.zip

Size: 35,725,781 Date: 12-10-2016 Downloads: 1,110

baw-747-g-civj.gif

fcq1.gif FS2004/FSX British Airways Boeing 747-436, registration G-CIVJ. Livery painted on the Project Open Sky B747-400 v4 paint kit with Rolls Royce RB211-524G series engines. The model features high resolution textures based on photos of the aircraft. The detailed textures include custom catering trucks, cargo containers, night lighting, and air stairs. Comes with best RR211 freeware sound set I have ever found by Devyn Silverstein. G-CIVJ was delivered to British Airways on 31/01/1997 and currently in their updated four class seat configuration (F14-First; C52-Club World; W36-World Traveller Plus; Y235-World Traveller) Original model and package for FS2004 and tested in FSX so should work for both. Repaint by Phillip Hughes.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ah like I said I hadn't downloaded it to look, now I see it's POSKY well for some strange reason I can't get POSKY to show on my PC either so I don't bother with them.

This only happened when I upgraded to W10 from W7, this may just my PC and not Kenny's.

Col.

Thanks Mr Zippy & COL for responding to my post. I fly only FS2004. This is a FS2004 & FSX aircraft. I have installed many POSKY or Open Sky in the past without an issue. I still use W7, I copy the aircraft to aircraft section, and it appears always this one isn't doing that. I find it a bit strange, I did it twice and even downloaded another one just in case something wrong same thing. I don't start a thread unless something appears wrong.

Kenny

Thanks Mr Zippy, I only have 2 B747-400 POSKY aircrafts. I double checked yesterday & today. Nothing, POSKY or Open Sky, POSKY changed names to Open Sky a few years ago. This is really baffling me. I did nothing to change computer.

Thanks again anything comes up please feel free to reply

Kenny

Thanks Mr Zippy, I only have 2 B747-400 POSKY aircrafts. I double checked yesterday & today. Nothing, POSKY or Open Sky, POSKY changed names to Open Sky a few years ago. This is really baffling me. I did nothing to change computer.

Thanks again anything comes up please feel free to reply

Kenny

I'll send you my 20 lb. sledge hammer! Fixes everything! ;)

Hi Kenny,

I downloaded the aircraft and it showed up in my FS9, for some reason Posky don't show in my FSX, but still it showed up here.

I also noticed when I went to open it in the menu it was Boeing 747-436, were you by any chance looking for just Boeing 747-400, the 436 was a bit lower down, just a thought mate?

747 posky.jpg

Col.

Kenny, I re-read your first post, if I have it correct you downloaded and installed as usual.

Just correct me if I'm wrong because I did as you did and the aircraft was not in the 'Aircraft' folder, I thought at first I may have installed it in the wrong folder, after I looked it wasn't in any of the other folders so I installed it again (manually) like I always do and this time it was there.

Have you tried again, to install it, if you have then forgive me I'm just trying to help mate.

Col.

@Capt, I thought that too but as you see both Zippy and I both have it showing so it must be OK.

Col.

Yes, I saw that you both had it showing, but sometimes after people d/l a/c they like to put their own little tweaks and whatever and just wanted to eliminate all possibility that some tweak was done after the d/l. If no tweaks were done then I think you're on the right track with it not having been installed in the aircraft folder

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o

Not sure what to do, so far I appreciate the help. I searched every folder related to the type of aircraft. It isn't in any one of the folders. Once aircraft inside of the aircraft folder the changes I do is to put my regularly used panels & sound in new aircraft's. I even tried another type BAW B-767-332 FS2004/FSX. Same thing I tried dragging the plane manually, when dropped it disappears like usual then I search for it not there. Strange

Kenny

Hi Kenny! What in the world did you do or didn't do?:rolleyes: I see the zip file down at the bottom, did you unzip the folder to a temporary folder? From what I can see, looks like your last file in the aircraft folder was 12/13/19. Looks like you copied your zip to ???? before you extracted to a temp file. Hard for us to tell where, but a little searching with todays date, might point you in the right direction?

Is that the zip folder on your desktop? Maybe you never extracted the folder, maybe you just copied the zip to the desktop, when you should have extracted it to the desktop? Just a thought?

Good luck, let us know how you make out!

Rick

Edited by Downwind66

Thanks Rick for your input. I downloaded the file to desktop like I always did. I double clicked the zip file like I always have, I have never seen as many files after that, but looked for the one file I needed to upload into FS2004. I right clicked to copy to FS2004 aircraft folder, opened aircraft folder to search for that A/C, looked everywhere could not find it, I even looked in all POSKY, Boeing & even Open Sky folders nothing. I try and cover my bases before the forum. I even tried a BAW B767-300 just to see if it was BAW B747-400 issue, it did same thing not there.

Kenny

OK, let's see if this helps!

This folder should be put into your Aircrafts folder:

aircraft folder.JPG

This is all of the stuff that is inside that folder. It needs to remain in there untouched except for the Effects inside of the effects folder that go into your Main Effects folder of the Sim.

inside of aircraft folder.JPG

Kenny - I hear what you are saying, but your desktop shows the download is still in zip format, you still haven't told any of us where you "extracted" the zip files into usable files. Here again, it's been a long time since I have used FS2004, but I still believe the concept is the same. When I download in FSX, the download goes into the download folder of favorites. From there, I right click the download, and chose

"Extract", and it will prompt me where do I want to extract to. I choose a folder I created "Temp4" whereas, you probably chose desktop, which is fine. BUT, at that point, you should see the aircraft folder (unzipped). The folder you have showed us, the folder is still in zip format?

I just threw this out there, just in case it's been awhile seen you have downloaded and overlooked the 1 step of "Extracting" the zip folder. With this, I will back out of here as I can sense your frustrations!

Good luck, reverse your steps, it's got to be something simple! It always ends up simple when you have found the mistake/solution, but, now it's "head scratching" time!

Nice talking to you again!

Rick :cool:

Thanks again I unzipped the file and is there copied to aircraft and it appears. I have never had to unzip before, even though you had me unzip the other day, I always double clicked zip folder, found aircraft copy to put it to aircraft folder within FS2004. Go figure. I don't care how but it worked. Sorry about all the confusion, but it should work now. Great patience simmers.

Kenny