Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: download BAW B747-400 v4 confused

1. Default

could you post your aircraft.cfg. also, are you sure the .air file was not set for AI, that would make it not show up

@Capt, I thought that too but as you see both Zippy and I both have it showing so it must be OK.

Col.

Default BAW B747-400 aircraft cfg and actual download

Thanks to all that responded to my thread. Here is the aircraft cfg that Capt requested and the actual file to download. I hope this helps with this situation.

Kenny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAW B-747-400 aircraft cfg.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	215024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAW B747-400 dowload file.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	215025  

Kenny, I re-read your first post, if I have it correct you downloaded and installed as usual.
    Just correct me if I'm wrong because I did as you did and the aircraft was not in the 'Aircraft' folder, I thought at first I may have installed it in the wrong folder, after I looked it wasn't in any of the other folders so I installed it again (manually) like I always do and this time it was there.

Have you tried again, to install it, if you have then forgive me I'm just trying to help mate.

Col.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    @Capt, I thought that too but as you see both Zippy and I both have it showing so it must be OK.

Col.
    Yes, I saw that you both had it showing, but sometimes after people d/l a/c they like to put their own little tweaks and whatever and just wanted to eliminate all possibility that some tweak was done after the d/l. If no tweaks were done then I think you're on the right track with it not having been installed in the aircraft folder

@Capt, no probs my friend, I understand what you meant, I do a lot of tweaking when I install an AC lol.

Col.

Not sure what to do, so far I appreciate the help. I searched every folder related to the type of aircraft. It isn't in any one of the folders. Once aircraft inside of the aircraft folder the changes I do is to put my regularly used panels & sound in new aircraft's. I even tried another type BAW B-767-332 FS2004/FSX. Same thing I tried dragging the plane manually, when dropped it disappears like usual then I search for it not there. Strange

Kenny

Hi Kenny! What in the world did you do or didn't do? I see the zip file down at the bottom, did you unzip the folder to a temporary folder? From what I can see, looks like your last file in the aircraft folder was 12/13/19. Looks like you copied your zip to ???? before you extracted to a temp file. Hard for us to tell where, but a little searching with todays date, might point you in the right direction?

Is that the zip folder on your desktop? Maybe you never extracted the folder, maybe you just copied the zip to the desktop, when you should have extracted it to the desktop? Just a thought?

Good luck, let us know how you make out!

Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 01-22-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks Rick for your input. I downloaded the file to desktop like I always did. I double clicked the zip file like I always have, I have never seen as many files after that, but looked for the one file I needed to upload into FS2004. I right clicked to copy to FS2004 aircraft folder, opened aircraft folder to search for that A/C, looked everywhere could not find it, I even looked in all POSKY, Boeing & even Open Sky folders nothing. I try and cover my bases before the forum. I even tried a BAW B767-300 just to see if it was BAW B747-400 issue, it did same thing not there.

Kenny

OK, let's see if this helps!

This folder should be put into your Aircrafts folder:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aircraft folder.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	215036

This is all of the stuff that is inside that folder. It needs to remain in there untouched except for the Effects inside of the effects folder that go into your Main Effects folder of the Sim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside of aircraft folder.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	215037
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast