FSX.cfg

marcori

I changed my hardware and shifted from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Re-installed FSX Deluxe edition and acceleration.

I could not find FSX.cfg file.

Unistalled everything and re-installed clean FSX only, but still in directory User\me\appdata\roaming, there is no Microsoft directory.

There is also another probem: I added some scenery but, even if the scenery appears in the game, the scenery.cfg file do not show the added scenery.

Please help

well, if he sees the scenery, then the sim must be running and there must be a fsx.cfg and a scenery.cfg. Sounds more like that "Show Hidden Files" default setting is still on...

to show hidden/system files,

1 display C drive in explorer window

2 select tools from menu

3 select "folder options", then "view"

4 from the options, select radio button "show hidden files, folders, and drives"

"missing" folders should now be visible.

If so, your 'nanny' has been somewhat 'neutered'.

Loyd

Edited by llivaudais

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Thanks Loyd,

the strange problem is that the "view hidden files" is checked.

I can see the directory AppData\roaming where Lockheed-Martin\P3D directory and P3d.cfg resides, but there is no Microsoft|FSX directory where FSXcfg should be.

As far as the scenery.cfg is not hidden and resides in the main FSX directory, but after adding sceneries to the scenery library, the file is not modified, but I can see the new sceneries while flying.

I don't know if this is a issue, but I did't have this problem under Windows 7 (now I have Windows 10).

The active FSX Scenery.CFG should be in: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Your fsx.CFG should be in: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The active FSX Scenery.CFG should be in: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Your fsx.CFG should be in: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.

The problem Tim, is that the directory Microsoft does not exist in both the path you indicate and I cannot understand how FSX could work in such situation.

Sorry It was my fault. I use total commander to manage the files and I activated the function "show hidden files" and in fact I can see the above directory but without Microsoft directory.

using explorer, Microsoft directories are there.

I believe is a bug in Total Commander.

Thanks anyway to all people that tryed to help.

Ezio

Edited by marcori
addition

Another Windoze X user. They should of named it Windows PC (Permission Crazy). You install as USER. Win 10 does not have to listen to you. Admin yes, you no. HA. So you install and uninstall, again and again. HA. You install to Program Files. HA. You don't restart PC after install, or defrag. HA. You cruised at 65 in Win 7, and now you should cruise at 85 in Win 10. HA. You scenery doesn't look good at 8 FPS. HA. You use 3rd party 'commander' program ('WHY' is unknown) and ut may not be compatible with Win 10 64 bit - only 32 bit. HA. Have you stoped beating your wife yet? HA.

HA HA HA

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I installed as Admin and FSX goes well beyond 40 fps and I use Total Commander because makes my life easier when I work with files with a lot of tools not available in explorer ( i.e. multi rename ).

I have it also on a pen drive and when i have to go to help some friend with their PC, I use it all the times. You should try it

I reinstalled a clean FSX because I thought that FSX.cfg was not created. Now that I understood where my fault was, I can assure that I'm not going to make any new installation.

Anyway I appreciated your Irony

Another Windoze X user. They should of named it Windows PC (Permission Crazy). You install as USER. Win 10 does not have to listen to you. Admin yes, you no. HA. So you install and uninstall, again and again. HA. You install to Program Files. HA. You don't restart PC after install, or defrag. HA. You cruised at 65 in Win 7, and now you should cruise at 85 in Win 10. HA. You scenery doesn't look good at 8 FPS. HA. You use 3rd party 'commander' program ('WHY' is unknown) and ut may not be compatible with Win 10 64 bit - only 32 bit. HA. Have you stoped beating your wife yet? HA.

HA HA HA

Sorry It was my fault. I use total commander to manage the files and I activated the function "show hidden files" and in fact I can see the above directory but without Microsoft directory.

using explorer, Microsoft directories are there.

I believe is a bug in Total Commander.

Thanks anyway to all people that tryed to help.

Ezio