Tower Control FSX & P3D - Rikoooo

Is anyone here familiar with this addon from the Rikoooo website?

I recently filled my FSX:SE skies with a TON of AI traffic from here and AIG and thought it would be fun to play with this little toy and watch all the shiny new (...to me...LoL) aircraft come and go from the tower perspective as some of my favourite airports. It works great but there's one teeny tiny little problem. There's no radio panel so my only choice is listening to ATC ground or ATIS at whatever airport I'm at. I couldn't make sense of the Rikoooo forum to do any research there so I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows how I might be able to add a radio panel so I can switch from ground to tower frequencies.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

BEAR

One trick to do in FSX, FSX-Se is to go to multiplayer, host session, make a session with the control tower at an airport of your choice, then save. You can then go back to free flight and load that flight and be in the tower to watch AI with the ATC panel and radar.

Does the ATC panel of that addon work?

The only thing that seems to "work" on the panel is the ability to switch between STB and the active on COM 1. There doesn't appear to be a way to select a frequency. When you first use the "aircraft" at any airport the frequency for ground is pre-selected in the active COM 1. If you open up the ATC window and select ATIS the frequency in the panel changes. It changes back to ground when you select that.

One trick to do in FSX, FSX-Se is to go to multiplayer, host session, make a session with the control tower at an airport of your choice, then save. You can then go back to free flight and load that flight and be in the tower to watch AI with the ATC panel and radar.

I'll give this a try mgytn.

Hmmm...double post above. :confused:

Big snowstorm up here might have caused a internet hiccup.

Anyway, I've been playing with this and man, it's really awesome. The only issue I'm having now, is at some addon airports (i.e. Flytampa Toronto CYYZ) the tower sits way too low - about half the height of the actual tower.

Other than that, it's really cool. Thanks again mqytn!

Edited by BEARlyThereCDN

Hmmm...double post above. :confused:

Big snowstorm up here might have caused a internet hiccup.

Anyway, I've been playing with this and man, it's really awesome. The only issue I'm having now, is at some addon airports (i.e. Flytampa Toronto CYYZ) the tower sits way too low - about half the height of the actual tower.

Other than that, it's really cool. Thanks again mqytn!

Easily changed if you want to increase the height of the Tower. Open up the airport AFCAD, say with ADE or AFX, find the round Tower icon (T in the middle of it), right click it and then select "Properties". A pop up window will appear that shows the co-ordinates and altitude of the Tower. Simply change the "Altitude" setting to what you want. Save it and voila! Your Tower view will be at the new height you selected.

Thank you miatamariner. Someone pointed me to a cute little "aircraft" - fsx_tower_rs.zip that turns the FSX multiplayer tower into a brick aircraft you can slew around and get into position, then, there's a little Control Tower Adjuster.exe in the package that allows you to set the height. Working perfectly.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions. Combined with the other forums, I now have the perfect control tower I can move around to where ever I like. :)