Thread: FSDreamteam KLAX Scenery for FS9 ADE9 file

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default FSDreamteam KLAX Scenery for FS9 ADE9 file

I installed FSDreamteam KLAX scenery in FS9 some time ago and wanted to change the parking to be like the current airline parking at LAX
    I used Airport Design Editor and completed the task, compiled and saved the airport and made sure that the same file was in the scenery folder of KLAX and in the Addon /Scenery folder.

The aircraft still park in the old locations and some are jammed up in the concourses.

Any Help?

Yes: Read the manual, like the rest of us.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

You're like my Big Boss
    He's a Brit too
    Thankfully he stays there most of the time

If you don't know the answer, just say so, or say nothing

I do know the answer. I read the manual.
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

5. Default

The AFCAD is not in the add-on folder. It's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\FSdreamteam\KLAX_V2\scenery

The file is KLAX_AP.BGL

Make a backup of that BEFORE you even attempt to edit it.

If you can't find KLAX_AP.BGL in that path then use the Everything.exe search program and enter its name there. You should find the correct location in no time.

Since I use FSX, I'm not sure if the path and file names are the same.

https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

Also, deactivate and uninstall the AFCAD you have there now in the add-on folder.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by cregwalker View Post
    You're like my Big Boss
    He's a Brit too
    Thankfully he stays there most of the time
    Great comeback...

Way back, when the internet came to be, all of these online communities started popping up, some people were very lyrical about this new thing, this 'people helping people' everywhere.
    And then, bit by bit it's degraded into this: use Google, read the manual, etc.

Anyway,
    You can also change the order in which FS will start filling parking spaces (depending on size of course) with ADE. Go to the List menu and select Parking. In that window you can drag the spaces in any order you like, and when you're done hit the Save button top right.

Hope this helps as well.

Regards,
    DDP.

See? Dirk's read the manual too. If your question is "the manual says *this*, and I did it, but it still didn't work", we're here for you.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 01-18-2020 at 07:20 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    See? Dirk's read the manual too. If your question is "the manual says *this*, and I did it, but it still didn't work", we're here for you.
    When I changed a few things in FSDreamTeam's KLAS, I never had to read the manual. Just found the proper AFCAD and went from threre. Never even knew FSDreamTeam had a manual. LOL
    OOM errors? Read this.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DirkDP View Post
    And then, bit by bit it's degraded into this: use Google, read the manual, etc.
    I utterly hate when people say "Google it." Maybe I did and found a forum to ask my question, duh!

So on my forum I have a rule. Mention Google it and you get a warning.
    OOM errors? Read this.

10. Default

OP, do note that when there is an update for an FSDreamTeam airport you should backup your modified AFCADs just in case the update replaces it. I do believe the update program will ask if you want to overwrite it, but I don't take the chance and just backup the AFCADs.
    OOM errors? Read this.