FSDreamteam KLAX Scenery for FS9 ADE9 file

cregwalker

I installed FSDreamteam KLAX scenery in FS9 some time ago and wanted to change the parking to be like the current airline parking at LAX

I used Airport Design Editor and completed the task, compiled and saved the airport and made sure that the same file was in the scenery folder of KLAX and in the Addon /Scenery folder.

The aircraft still park in the old locations and some are jammed up in the concourses.

Any Help?

Yes: Read the manual, like the rest of us.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I do know the answer. I read the manual.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The AFCAD is not in the add-on folder. It's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\FSdreamteam\KLAX_V2\scenery

The file is KLAX_AP.BGL

Make a backup of that BEFORE you even attempt to edit it.

If you can't find KLAX_AP.BGL in that path then use the Everything.exe search program and enter its name there. You should find the correct location in no time.

Since I use FSX, I'm not sure if the path and file names are the same.

https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

Also, deactivate and uninstall the AFCAD you have there now in the add-on folder.

Hi,

You're like my Big Boss

He's a Brit too

Thankfully he stays there most of the time

Great comeback... :D

Way back, when the internet came to be, all of these online communities started popping up, some people were very lyrical about this new thing, this 'people helping people' everywhere.

And then, bit by bit it's degraded into this: use Google, read the manual, etc.

Anyway,

You can also change the order in which FS will start filling parking spaces (depending on size of course) with ADE. Go to the List menu and select Parking. In that window you can drag the spaces in any order you like, and when you're done hit the Save button top right.

Hope this helps as well.

Regards,

DDP.

See? Dirk's read the manual too. If your question is "the manual says *this*, and I did it, but it still didn't work", we're here for you. ;) Edited by tiger1962

And then, bit by bit it's degraded into this: use Google, read the manual, etc.

I utterly hate when people say "Google it." Maybe I did and found a forum to ask my question, duh!

So on my forum I have a rule. Mention Google it and you get a warning.

See? Dirk's read the manual too. If your question is "the manual says *this*, and I did it, but it still didn't work", we're here for you. ;)

When I changed a few things in FSDreamTeam's KLAS, I never had to read the manual. Just found the proper AFCAD and went from threre. Never even knew FSDreamTeam had a manual. LOL

OP, do note that when there is an update for an FSDreamTeam airport you should backup your modified AFCADs just in case the update replaces it. I do believe the update program will ask if you want to overwrite it, but I don't take the chance and just backup the AFCADs.

When I changed a few things in FSDreamTeam's KLAS, I never had to read the manual. Just found the proper AFCAD and went from threre. Never even knew FSDreamTeam had a manual. LOL

We're talking about the ADE manual.

i'm late to the party, but I have noticed that editing any of the afcad files causes AES to not work with the airport.

Please elaborate. I've edited the FSDreamTeam AFCAD for Vegas to add the rightful Janet terminal parking spots for my Area-51 Janet fleet and I had to fix and issue on runway 19R and I think runway 19L where the start node was too far away causing AI not use the runway and back up. Now the start node is on the runway just past the blast pad or what ever it's called which places the aircraft on the runway as it's being used for landing, but it has to be done that way otherwise AI can't take off with a node too far away. So despite this and my edits I have never had an issue. What is AES?

I've also created and edited many AFCADs for FSX and FS2004 and never encountered an issue. And I religiously, I mean religiously use the check for faults option all the time as well. In fact, even a small edit I may do with say placing a taxi sign or something I always run the fault check prior to saving and compiling the AFCAD.

I used AFCAD to edit FlyTampa's KBUF to rename the gates to actual gates not military GA and after that AES Stopped working with that airport. maybe cause I renamed the gates. there was also FSDT Las Vegas. somebody built the new terminal, T3 I believe, and after updating AES gates disappeared there too. i'm not sure if AES changes something in the afcad file or something and changes something.