Discovery Series Episode 5: Soundscape

Another very informative video from Asobo. There were some good extras in there too like the sea state change when the wind strength was increased.

Things seems to be moving along at a pace, what with the SDK announcement and the

name change to just "alpha".

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I wish they'd either speak more slowly or use an announcer with less of an accent because, just as in the previous releases, I can only understand about half of what he says, and I have to concentrate hard to do that.

I do see a lot of neat stuff in there, but it would be nice to know why much of the distant scenery is a tad blurry.

Thanks for posting this.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I wish they'd either speak more slowly or use an announcer with less of an accent because, just as in the previous releases, I can only understand about half of what he says, and I have to concentrate hard to do that.

You can turn on captions for the video.

I do see a lot of neat stuff in there, but it would be nice to know why much of the distant scenery is a tad blurry.

Thanks for posting this.

I completely agree!

C'est si bon, mon ami!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It IS a French company, & he probably speaks english better than you speak French!

He most certainly does, and it seems that his English is very fluent, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the problem I stated in understanding his accent. I'm not trying to do anything in French, but he's addressing an English speaking audience, so at the least he could slow his speech a bit to give some of us a chance to actually figure out one word or phrase before the next several had grabbed our attention.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Can you imagine how much 'fun' it is flying into Paris when ATC and French crews have this accent and speed? Additionally French ATC and crews are talking usually in French to each other. Maintaining situational awareness isn't even remotely possible for non French speaking guys like me.

Yeah, I can't hardly understand him at all and watching the video is very painful to the ears.

To think my mom worked for a gourmet food distributor in California and she's had to try and understand a lot of French speaking chef voices placing their orders. I don't know how she did it, but she said that she learned what each chef always bought and knew what he was saying. In fact, this gourmet food distributor sold to Arnold Schwarzenegger's restaurant and the Academy of Awards. I guess the French really know how to cook. LOL

The Sim is shaping up to be pretty real like. I just hope it meets or exceeds my expectations. Especially with a better ATC then FS2004 or FSX.

Mainly because that was probably recorded during an early Alpha!

It's great that the head of Asobo's sound division is narrating the movie.. It IS a French company, & he probably speaks english better than you speak French!

Maybe so but I still can't understand what he is saying.

Don't captions rely on voice recognition? I've seen my fair share of videos with very bad captions. I feel bad for those that depend on them. They are probably like, da hell is all this mumbo jumbo?

Edit-

So the captions for this video are clear and concise. Just hit mute and read.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot