Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Found this nice freeware V-Tail Bonanza on this site!

1. Default

One more for you Rick, Red isn't my favourite colour either but the specular effect with this red looks nice over some landscapes.
    There is however, a Paintkit for the aircraft on Simviation if you want to try your hand at your own repaints. I was going to give it a try with a possible White/Burnt Orange - Black Gold stripe not sure what fictional rego to apply though.
    Patch Paintkit: https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...zip&categoryId=

Retro - Mint Green/White - Black stripe

AVSIM library https://library.avsim.net/search.php...acrp&Go=Search

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bonanza-P35-N822-SXT-White-Mint-Black-stripe.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	214912

Now, Jeff, this one I like! Might get old if I used it every day going to and from work, but I like it!

Thanks - Rick

3. Default

Glad you like Rick enjoy, I've scoured all the usual libraries and can't find any more. But I am going to try a repaint using the Paintkit, I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 and DXTBMP, never done a repaint before but I did read Anthony Lynch's tutorial, Its kinda daunting though with all those layers.

Quote Originally Posted by jethrom View Post
    Glad you like Rick enjoy, I've scoured all the usual libraries and can't find any more. But I am going to try a repaint using the Paintkit, I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 and DXTBMP, never done a repaint before but I did read Anthony Lynch's tutorial, Its kinda daunting though with all those layers.
    Let me know how you make out with the repaint! I, too, have never done a repaint. I did, just recently, venture out and modified an older 2d panel using Microsoft paint, and it came out remarkably well, if I have to say so myself! The old saying, "Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks?"

Thanks Jeff! - Rick

Jeff, thanks very much for the links, downloaded them all

If you have any problems repainting, you know where to find me I hope...though I do not know this V-tail model

7. Default

Thankyou jankees,

It would be great to have your expert assistance, I'm a complete novice with repainting but willing to try. I don't quite know where to start after loading the Paintkit .psd into Photoshop CS2. I'm unsure if I need to export the layers into MSPaint for editing colours without disturbing the Spec, Bumpmap, alpha and other detail layers, or if I can do all edits within Photoshop. Fortunately I have a Tablet & pen for drawing so that will make editing easier.
    Perhaps I should contact you directly or make a topic in the repaint subforum.

Kind Regards Jethro

Name:	Paint-kit-psd-in-PS-CS2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	214915

And, yet, another one thanks to Jethro!

Name:	2020-1-17_22-20-46-284.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	269.3 KB 
ID:	214935

Thanks again! Rick

Quote Originally Posted by jethrom View Post
    Thankyou jankees,

It would be great to have your expert assistance, I'm a complete novice with repainting but willing to try. I don't quite know where to start after loading the Paintkit .psd into Photoshop CS2. I'm unsure if I need to export the layers into MSPaint for editing colours without disturbing the Spec, Bumpmap, alpha and other detail layers, or if I can do all edits within Photoshop. Fortunately I have a Tablet & pen for drawing so that will make editing easier.
    Perhaps I should contact you directly or make a topic in the repaint subforum.

Kind Regards Jethro
    Jethro,

you should be able to do everything in photoshop, except for combining the alpha with the normal textures, which I always do with DXTbmp, which you can find here: https://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm.
    If you can point me in the right direction for the model and paintkit, I can download them myself and see what's what.

As for Bonanza's I've painted both the Carenado model:
    N1324Z 02

and the A2A model:
    jk6560

but these are both payware, so I'm not sure which freeware model we are talking about here..

JK
    Last edited by jankees; 01-18-2020 at 05:27 AM.
    FS painter at the Hangar.
    you'll find all my repaints here.

10. Default

Hi JK,

Thankyou for the reply, very tasteful repaints of the A2A Bonanza Vtail, the mint/white/black seems familiar (but yours has black window B & C pillars). If I could achieve even close to your quality I'd be very happy indeed.

Original freeware model by "Brett Hendrson" for this version "Beech P35 V-tail Bonanza"

Here's the link for the paintkit - Patch/Paintkit: https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...zip&categoryId=

This thread - Post #5 has a link for the required Original Model, and Post #11 has link for Paint kit (all at Simviation)

I'll wait till you have had a chance to look over the aircraft & Painkit to see what needs doing, I'm familiar with MartinW's conversion tool but as yet have little experience in PS, perhaps a simple select and choose guide would work, and then an idea which layer to apply new paint colours (and of course a new Painted Rego).
    I'd be interested to know if in PS CS2 I would need to hand paint an entire section, or just select a new colour and flood the area within the marked template (Grid). I don't want to change any other aspect/layer for the model, (only colours for fuselage wings and control surfaces).
    Then I guess Export and save the final edit with Martin's DXTbmp including all layers & alpha Channel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast